Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, October 17, 2010

Happy Little Accidents

Often when I am making a scrapbook page, something happens that I didn't plan and forces me to be more creative.  In this case, I thought I had lined things up so that when I cut out the holes for the pictures to show through, they would be centered (left to right).  After I cut them out I realized there was double the space on the left side than on the right side!  What to do?  I found a coordinating paper and cut a border -- looks like I had planned it that way.

A similar thing happend with the journaling block.  I thought I had everything lined up so it would cut to the right size -- but it didn't!  When I slid it behind the cut-out window, there was 1/2" of empty space at the top!  So - I found a scrap that I could match up to the journaling block at the top, and taped the two pieces together on the back. Now I didn't have an empty space, but I still could see the join line.  A couple strips from the coordinating paper solved that.  Some floral embellishments from the same coordinating paper finished the look.

I might have put a page border anyway, but without my "mistake" in cutting, I never would have thought to put the mini-borders above and below the journaling -- and it really adds a nice touch.

2 comments:

Jennifer M. said...

Very Clever Cheryl! Your page came out great. :)

Unknown said...

Hi Cheryl
Thank you for the comment on my side step card. you asked how i did it. well i posted a slideshow of some templetes that i found on the internet that shows different designs I hope that helps you. That is where i got my Idea or instructions on the side step card. Thanks Patti
Thanks Patti