Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, October 8, 2010

Dry Embossing and Color Core



You can create a great card focal using dry embossing and Color Core card stock!  You will need:
  • Stencil to use for dry embossing
  • Color Core Card stock (from Core'dinations - card stock with a different color in it's center core than is on the outside - in this case a maroon with pink center core)
  • Embossing stylus or die cut machine that works with stencils.
In the example above, I used a rose stencil (by Sandy Arts) and embossed it in my Big Shot machine. I then cut and embossed around it with a Spellbinders Nestabilities Die.  Then I took sandpaper and lightly sanded the whole.  The raised parts became this pretty pink. I then used a slightly larger nestabilities die to cut and emboss a piece of white cardstock for a mat.  I repeated the process (minus the nestabilities) with an embossing folder to get the dotted look behind the greeting.  I love this technique! Not only does it look great, but the sanding makes the paper feel so SOFT!  Neat stuff!

1 comment:

Dizzy said...

this is beautiful!!