Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Playing with Mom's Materials!

Today I went over to my Mom's house and played with some of her stuff - made 3 cards.  It started with a bunch of panels cut from some of her paper pads.  She had 3 copies of most and gave me one of each.  I used some of those in making all three of these cards.  She also gave me some greetings she had stamped and die cut.  I used some of those too, for the first couple of cards - twice on this first one!

Card #1 (above):  In addition to using her cut panels, I used a template she had recently gotten to create this special card.  It doesn't look all that special from the outside.  The magic is on the inside.  At any rate, because of the template, the size of this card is only 4" x 5".  So, I cut down the panel to fit, and used the back side of a leftover strip and some white card stock to form a border across the top.  The greeting is one of those that she stamped and die cut for me.

Inside:

Inside is basically a step card - with a large step holding a cut down piece from a second panel, and two smaller steps in front.  The back side of the panels are the blueish-greenish-gray that you see here.  To that I added white and the front side of another scrap.  I finished the inside with another stamped and die cut message (that Mom had created for me.  I'll admit that though the card turned out all right in the end, I had all sorts of trouble with it as I was making it - from putting the inside step stuff on the wrong side, to having pieces tear.  I found ways to fix it, but by the time I was done with it I was REALLY done!  So, I made quick and easy cards for the next two cards!

Card #2:

This was a really quick & easy slimline card.  I cut a slice off the side of one of the slimline panels Mom had prepared and given me, inked the edges, and glued in place.  I found a scrap and, using the back side of it, created a border with it and some white card stock.  I added another of Mom's sentiment pieces (on foam tape) and finished it with a little bow from her stash.

Inside:

Inside was even easier.  I inked the edges of the scrap I cut off the front panel and added it for a border on the inside - then stamped a greeting using a stamp from Crafter's Companion Compendium Thank You page.

Card #3:

The last of today's cards was a 5 x 7.  As you can see, I double-matted the panel, using white and a blueish turquoise.  Using the same colors, I created a border strip & die cut a greeting with mat (one of Mom's cutting die sets - not sure who made it.)

Inside:

Once again I used stamps from the compendium - this time from the With Sympathy page.

No comments: