Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Ghent

Today I have 3 dual-page layouts about our time in Ghent.  You can see the first double page spread above.

Page #1:

These pages use 3 different papers from my stash - the dark color, the yellow, and the patterned one.  Again I printed the pictures, the title & subtitles, and the journaling block.  I added some narrow blue border stickers.  I finish the pattern by using a circle punch to cut out pieces of the patterned card stock and scattering them around.

Page #2:

The 2nd page is a loose mirror image of the 1st.

Next Dual Page:

Page #3:

The background page is from a DCWV Stack called Once Upon a Time.  I liked the colors and style for the castle background, but there were a couple problems with it.  First, across the top of the page are the words "They Lived Happily Ever After" - which doesn't go with the subject matter of the page.  Secondly, the tans go well, but I need to tie the grays in a bit better.  So, I pulled a strip of striped paper and a border piece from my stash to form a border.  I also added washi tape to the border on the left (to match what I needed to do on the accompanying page).  Again I printed the pictures & title.  I die cut a gold frame for the focal photo - and decorated it with washi tape (which again helps tie tan & gray together).

Page #4:

This background page was identical to the previous one - which was a bit of a problem because I wanted the border on the left, but don't want all the crowns upside down!  So, I cut it off & taped it to the other side - using washi tape to hide the join.  The border was made the way it was on the accompanying page.

Third Dual Page:

The background papers were water prints from my stash - to which I added some red card stock.

Page #5:

As you can see, I cut a mat and border from the red card stock.  The pictures & title were printed from Microsoft Word.  I finished the page with a couple of stickers.

Page #6:

This accompanying page was made similarly to the previous one.

No comments: