Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, March 22, 2023

HD Floral Favorites - Oh So Sweet

Today I have five cards made from the Hunkydory kit called Floral Favourites, from the Oh So Sweet set.  Here's a look at the set itself:

As you can see, it consists of one and a half sheet of die cuts, and one sheet of Adoreable Scoreable (AS) printed cardstock.  Here's a look at all five cards I made using elements from this set:

Now for a closer look at each one.

Card #1: 

I started with the sheet of AS.  Since I like my slimlines to be 9 x 4 (so they fit in a business size 10 envelope), and I usually like a thin border edge showing, I like my front panels to be 3 3/4" x 8 3/4".  Since Hunkydory products are from the UK, they use A2 sheets rather than letter size, so are only 8 1/4" wide.  So, I need to add something to make them 8 3/4" when I make a slimline card.  Here you can see that I cut an extra piece of border to go on the bottom - and then trimmed both down a bit so the whole was 8 3/4" tall.  Then I simply added the die cut greeting from the set, and some thin line Dazzles to form the "hanger" for it.

Inside:

Here I used more of the AS to form border strips - accenting them with a happy birthday border from the set.  Then I stamped a message using a stamp from Crafter's Companion Compendium (CCC) stamp set - sheet called Birthday-Female.

Card #2:

I did a similar thing with this card.  Background was cut from AS, with an extra bit of the table added below (border from the set hides it).  I added one of the die cuts - with some extra die cut flowers to make the bouquet bigger.  I cut the small bow left over from the border & used it to appear to "pin" the greeting in place.

Inside:

Once again, I used more of the AS to form inside borders - adding some gold tag board and maroon card stock from my stash.  The small sentiment on the border is also from the set.  The stamped greeting.   The stamped message is again from CCC - this time the page called Thinking of You.

Card #3:

This card seems a little plain from the outside, but it's an easel card, and when set for display, it's very pretty:

The patterned paper is some digital paper I have that I printed up - not sure what company it was from. The sentiments are both from the set - the inside one is on foam tape to hold the folded front in position when displayed.

Card #4:

This one again uses the digi paper I printed.  I added a doily (backed with white paper because it was more translucent than I wanted).  The rest are die cuts from the set.  The bouquet was rather small, so I once again used their extra flowers to make it more full.

Inside:

Inside is simple - borders from the leftover printed digi paper, and a stamped message (one of my mom's stamps - not sure what company made it).

Card #5:

This one uses a piece of purple card stock from my stash - embossed with a Darice 5 x 7 embossing folder called Damask.  The doily was one that had a piece cut out of it, but you can't tell.  The border piece is made from scraps from the die cut sheet & scraps of gold from my stash.  The sentiment is from the set.

Inside:

The border was again made with scraps - decorated with a die cut from the set.  The stamped message is another CCC stamp - this time from the Thank You sheet.

No comments: