Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Leaving Belgium

Today I tried something different - creating a grid of photos.  Here are those pages - and more.  

Above you see a dual page spread.  Below are closeups of each of those pages.

Page #1:

I'll admit that these pages didn't turn out quite as well as they did in my head before making them!  I wish I had matted the green with white before putting it in place.  That might have helped.  Anyway, as you can see, I added a large piece of green patterned card stock with a rounded edge on one side to serve as a backdrop for my focal photo and my photo grids (on this page and the next one).  As usual, I printed my photos & journaling using Microsoft Word, and arranged the smaller photos along the lower edge.  The title was made from alphabet die cuts from my stash - layered a bit as you can see.  The subtitle was stickers from my stash put on a white photo paper scrap - with edges rounded a bit like the green mat piece.

Page #2:

The second page is similar - the challenging part was the slit & pocket at the top of the page that allow the brochure to slide in and out.  It really wasn't that hard to make.  I've gotten to the place where I make most of my hidden pockets this way - simply cut a slit, cut an envelope to the right size and glue it in place behind the page and lined up with the slit.  Often, like I did here, I'll use a circle punch to create a half-circle pull area.  Because the brochure was pink and didn't really blend in with the page well, I chose to glue some of the green card stock to the top of it.  After cutting to fit, I added a full circle of the green to help ensure that even in the punched out place the pink wasn't seen.

Page #3:

For this page I made another photo grid - this time of saxophones!  I could have used something better for the title, but I was tired & found these die cuts in my stash and decided to go with them.  I liked the blue patterned paper behind the saxophones, but it had a border at the top that I didn't like - so I covered it with tan patterned paper from my stash - and added a narrow black border of card stock between them.

Page #4:


No grid of photos here.  I chose to bring in a bright aqua print mat to focus attention on the birds - my favorite part of that experience.  The background for the journaling is darker than I would prefer, but it's still readable.  As you can probably tell, I used the same set of die cut letters to get my title - this time pulling some of the letters that had aqua in them.  The other thing I should probably note is the shield/sign with the birds - that was a photo of a sign there at the falconry, and I just fussy cut around the sign as a great embellishment for this layout.

No comments: