Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, March 26, 2023

Bruges - Belfort, Fry Museum, Chocolate Museum

The pages in this post are more from Bruges, Belgium.  

Page #1 (above):  While I don't often use sketches as I prefer the pictures to mostly do the work, I found myself struggling with how to place the 7 pictures on this page and not just repeat what I'd been doing.  So, I went looking for a layout.  I found it at Sketch Savvy.  I was so grateful to find it.  Here's a picture of the sketch: 

I printed the photos the sizes they said, but found I had to let go of a photo and rearrange a bit to find room for my journaling.  I also printed the letters for the title.  It was too long to finish the ends of it's mat with the tails I like so much on the original sketch.  Also, I found the multi-colored polka dot pattern wasn't showing up well, so I inked the edges of the circle & matted the piece behind the title, putting it up on foam tape.  The most unusual part of this layout is at the top.  I had a ticket from the belfort that I wanted to save with this page, but I didn't want it cluttering up the page.  So, I wrapped the ticket in a leftover piece of cut-up sheet protector, and added the teal tab.  I affixed a cut envelope to the back of the page for the ticket to sit in.  Then I cut away part of the page so you can see part of the ticket.

Page #2:

This page is really in two pieces - both 6 inches wide.  This is because it is in a gate fold sheet protector.  This is what it looks like with the flaps closed.   I did something on this page that I "never" do.  I used the back of the inside pages to form the base for these pages.  The back was a different color, which I felt faded into the background well so the pictures could shine.  While I could have found another sheet of the stuff in my stash, I just decided to use the backs - made things less tight in the gate fold flaps, too.  Other than adding the pictures & journaling that I printed (note I used a part of a picture to create a title), I just made a border on either side of the photos.

INSIDE THE GATE FOLD:

When you open the gate fold, this is what you see.  It's all about the chocolate factory called ChocoStory.  The 6" wide page on the left shows the outside of the building, the center shows some of their shaped chocolate, and the 6" page on the right shows the downstairs.

Page 3?:

Here you can see a close up of the 6" pages.  As you can see, I added strips of the patterned paper used for the center page to form borders top and bottom of these pages.  I once again tried to use a sign as title, but not sure how effective it was.  I may go back and add a title with alphabet letters.

Page 4:

This page is the center one of the layout and is where the most fun photos are - all the sculptured chocolate!  As you can see, I liked the patterned paper for the background, but it was pretty busy.  So, I added brown mats to the photos - one large mat for the 6 photos at the bottom.

No comments: