Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, March 20, 2023

Lace Museum & More Bruges

Today I've got a couple of more pages from Bruges.  

Page #1 (above):  This first one is pretty straight forward.  I took my cues from the bright yellow walls in the focal photo.  I used yellow patterned paper background (old HOTP), and printed pictures, journaling & title (using Microsoft Word).  The unique thing on this page is the small lace motif on the blue background.  I didn't want to put glue on the lace, figuring that over time it would discolor the lace.  SO, I took a piece of blue card stock, matted on white to look like the others.  I set the lace piece on that and slid the whole into a small ziplock plastic bag.  Then I folded the top of the bag to the back and glued the bag in place.  Now, if I want to get to the lace, I might destroy the bag, but the lace should be safe (hopefully the bag is acid free!)

Page #2:

For this page, I had a few miscellaneous pictures that I wanted to include in my album, but didn't want to devote an entire page to each - I'll already have 88 pages when I'm done - that's PLENTY!  So, I started looking at the photos and realized they fell into 4 different themes.  That inspired me to divide the page into 4 sections - one for each.  I used red ribbon to divide the page - and made a circular title piece that sits on top of where they cross.  I printed the pictures & journaling, but all the little titles were die cut with some of my alphabet dies.  What a chore!  Anyway, I like the way the page turned out.  Since the page sits beside the first one in this post, I decided to start with a similar background paper - in blue this time.

No comments: