Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, March 8, 2024

KCC12

After making a set of Kendra's Card Challenge 13 using papers from a 12 x 12 paper pad cut into 6 x 6 sizes, I decided to use up some of what was left from that paper pad to try her card challenge #12.  The picture above, shows the papers that I used this time.  And here are the 15 cards that I made from this set: 

Next is a close up look at each of the 15 cards.

Card #1:

For this card, I created multiple layers.  A brown glimmer paper matting an embossed white piece forms the background for the cut pieces from KCC12 which were matted on another piece of the brown glimmer paper.  The focal was cut from a photograph and matted on white before being added with foam tape to the lower right corner.  Then, I stamped the greeting using a JustRite stamp from the set Celebration Labels One & Bracket Borders One and added it with foam tape in the upper left corner.

Inside:

Given the subject matter of the focal, I thought the inside sentiment was quite fitting, and worked hard to find the stamps I could use to create it using different colors of ink.  The "Birthday Wishes" was from the CCC (Crafter's Companion Compendium) stamp sheet called Heartfelt, while the "from across the miles" was from HOTP's Happy, Hello, Love & Thanks set.

Card #2:

For the next card, I chose a patterned paper that was a dark turquoise color to serve as a backdrop - then inked the edges of it, the two KCC pieces, and the white background used for both matting the focal and matting the greeting.  As you can see, after inking the edges, I matted the two KCC pieces with white before adding them to the page.  The focal was simply two fussy cut flowers added to the white edge-inked mat.  The sentiment was stamped with a stamp from JustRite's Enjoy the Day Vintage Labels Four.

Card #3:

I find this sketch very intriguing, and enjoyed putting it together.  As you can see, I created multiple mats and used those same colors for the various sized half-circles that create the interesting focal mat. The border strip uses the same colors - and you can see that I stamped a sentiment on it - stamp from Sending My Love stamp & die set from Divinity Designs.  The focal was simply die cut from a photo I had on hand.  I DO think it would be really nice next time to emboss the background, but there is a bit of a linen texture to the card stock I used.

Card #4:

Here I decided to mat each piece of the KCC in white before adding to a white embossed background.  For the focal, I found a small pictorial photo and triple matted it - white, pink, white before adding it to the striped mat.

Card #5:

This card started with two small pieces of patterned paper - the ones in the upper right and lower left.  I embossed (HOTP Leafy Vine) the white card stock to form a backdrop for it.  The focal greeting and "buttons" are cutouts from a Debbi Moore download.  I added chalk to the edges of the focal to change the color a tad to better fit the rest of the card, before adding it with foam tape.  The butterfly & tiny flowers are stickers from my stash - to which I added some Stickles.

Card #6:

This one also started with 2 pieces of patterned paper, but they were a bit larger.   I had a bit of a challenge figuring out how to make them work when I came across the focal - one I scavenged from something I received.  I decided to rotate the sketch and use the focal in place of the sentiment. Due to the inked edges, I chose to mat the patterned paper pieces with a brown glimmer paper - which is also what I used to punch the three round decorative pieces in the upper left corner.

Card #7:

This was an incredibly challenging card.  It started with a bunch of little strips - from five different papers.  And the pieces were cut in such a way that they didn't seem to go together at all.  I started by finding a card base in a color that I thought might help.  Then I inked the edges of all of them with a dark blue-green color before gluing them in place.  Looking through my stash, I found the bird - another Debbi Moore download (as was the sentiment).  I decided it would work well as a focal because it had most of the colors that were in the background, but it meant the sketch needed to be turned on its side.  To mat the focal, I die cut a piece of white card stock with a Spellbinders set called 5 x 7 Modern Stationery by Spellbinders.  The piece was too long (since this card is A2 sized), so I sliced a piece out of it (join is covered by the greeting).  I then used the curved corners to shape the corners of the blue-green mat and the card base.  After inking the edges of the mats, I added the focal, and then the sentiment.

Card #8:

This time there were two pieces to start with - a circle, and a 1/2 circle.  The sketch called for the patterned circle to go where the teal one is, but I decided to use it as a focal since the cut showcased the flowers as it did.  After cutting the teal circle, I inked the edges of all except the half circle, and then looked for mats.  Choosing a gorgeous glitzy aqua paper, I matted it with inked white.  I glued both in place on a pink card base from my stash.  After cutting the border strip, I inked the edges and glued it in place with the half circle and circles.  The sentiment is another Debbi Moore cutout, and the butterfly is from my stash.

Card #9:

This time I had a large piece and a small piece of patterned paper.  I chose a light aqua card base for a background, and a dark teal for mats.  I found the sentiment in a sticker book in my stash.  After searching through my stash, I found some small flowers.  I die cut some leaves from the dark teal using a die from a set I got in a magazine (Die Cutting Essentials Issue 54, set called Piece by Piece).

Card #10:

Again, I wasn't quite sure how to use the two pieces I had for this card.  It took a long time to figure this one out, but I DO like it.  I ended up turning the sketch on its side.  I used a dark teal for the background - cut so the card base formed a narrow white mat.  I also narrowly matted the patterned paper pieces with white.  The focal was another Debbi Moore cutout.  I inked the edges, but it wasn't enough to stand out well from the background, so I narrowly matted it with the dark teal. The sentiment was another Debbi Moore cut out.

Card #11:

This sketch was quite unusual - would probably be better if each piece had been inked.  Given the seahorse scrap of paper I found to use as a mat for the focal (a sticker on fussy cut card stock mat), I had to rotate the sketch.  Sentiment was from a Debbi Moore freebie.

Card #12:

Several sketches this week were unusual.  In this case, the only patterned paper piece from the KCC set was the diagonal piece of patterned paper in the center.  After cutting the coral card stock piece to size, I glued the patterned card stock, and four strips of white card stock and trimmed to fit.  Finally, I added the focal, sentiment, and embellishments - all Debbi Moore cut outs.

Card #13:

Here I started with a teal card stock piece that I embossed and then inked with a darker teal. After backing all pieces with black card stock, and gluing in place, I added a circular focal - from a photo - also matted in black.  The final touches were a Debbi Moore sentiment & 3 black punched circles for the upper right corner.

Card #14:

Here I created another flamingo focal - double matted using my Mom's dies to cut the pieces.  Two of the patterns were quite similar and were cut to go side by side.  I didn't care to do that, so shortened the one piece to allow the less similar pattern to go between the other two.  I inked the edges of all the other pieces, adding a light pink border with black punched circles at either end.  The sentiment is another sentiment - again inked around the edges.

Card #15:

For the final sketch, I used plain pink card stock for matting.  The focal scene was created from stickers in my stash.  The sentiment was another Debbi Moore.

No comments: