Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, February 29, 2024

February 2024 Swaps

This swap card had a "time" theme.  For the card front, I used an "insert" paper from Hunkydory's Happiness Is . . . set of papers and inserts.  Since I wanted borders top and bottom, I had to slice the piece right above the dancers' heads and tape the border directly above.  After inking the edges, I wrapped a piece of ribbon around the right edge, taping it in place behind the panel & gluing it behind where the pocket watch would go.  Then, I glued the panel to the card front.  I stamped the focal and sentiment (from HOTP small stamp called Pocket Watch) - then fussy cut the pocket watch and die cut the sentiment with a small circle die (Lifestyle) and inked the edges.  As you can see, I attached the pocket watch to the ribbon border with a knotted piece of ribbon.  For the sentiment, I added a couple of pieces of card stock behind it to lift it off the page just a tiny bit before gluing it in place.

Inside:

Inside I did a similar "surgery" on the paper to get two side borders.  After inking the edges and gluing it in place, I stamped a message using two different stamps.  The first is from HOTP Stamp and Punch set of stamps.  The second is Crafter's Companion Compendium (CCC) sheet called With Love.

Materials swap - Rodent or similar small animal.

Here's a picture of the materials I sent to my partner for this swap:


There are 4 different colors of glimmer paper (purple, green, brown, cream) a cream colored card base, a small piece of cream card stock for stamping, the Hunkydory sheet (from Book of Toppers - Midnight Garden), and some gold-edged purple ribbon from my stash.  And here's the card I made from them:

As you can see, the green background piece was embossed - using the folder 5.5 x 8.5 Scattered Fall by Spellbinders.  I then matted it on purple, cream, & brown before adding to the card with a narrow margin.  I DID cut out the centers of the different colors of glimmer paper to use elsewhere.  I sliced off the side edges of the Hunkydory sheet. to create the borders - then wrapped them with the narrow ribbon before gluing in place.  The focal was added with foam tape. A small ribbon bow decorates the top left corner.  In the lower right corner, I added a little bundle of slivers of glimmer paper before adding a stamped sentiment (HOTP Small Stamps - Flowers and Swirls).  It had been stamped on cream colored card stock, shaped with a Stampin' Up punch, and then inked around the edges before being added with foam tape along the bottom edge.

And here's the set I got from my swap partner:

And the card I made:

Here I used the red card stock as a mat for the patterned paper (it's actually double sided paper, but I chose this side of the pattern).  After coloring the fox with Inktense pencils & water, I fussy cut it and glued it in place as you see.  I also used the same pencils/water to color the holly sprigs & pine cones & cut them out.  After cutting a 1/2" piece of red card stock, I wrapped the baker's twine around it and tied it in a bow - taping it to the back side of the strip & trimming the ends of the bow.  Then I added the holly sprigs and pine cone as you can see.

Inside:

As you can see, I added another strip of the red and a couple more pine cones to form a border on the inside of the card.

No comments: