Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, March 29, 2024

HD Perfect Days - Easter Blessings

Today I realized I needed to make some Easter cards for the kids in my family.  I didn't feel I had time to stamp, color, die cut and find coordinating papers for the set I really would have liked to make.  Hunkydory to the rescue! I needed 4 quick cards, and that's just what I got.  Here's what the set looked like before I got into it:

As you can see, there are 1 1/2 sheets of die cuts and 1 sheet of AS (adoreable scoreable printed card stock). I was really glad that there were four die cut sentiments, since I needed four cards.  I added things from my own stash & played with the decoupage pieces so that I ended up with four cards:

Here's a closer look at each.

Card #1:

This was really the last card that I made.  As usual, I saved the base die cut and added any remaining little pieces to it with foam tape - there were quite a few of them this time.  I had long since used up my AS, since there was only one sheet of it, So I had to find something else.  I found this striped paper in my stash, but the blue looked a little out of place until I added blue ink to the pink Easter egg.  The paper was VERY thin, so I adhered it with a glue stick, rubbing firmly with a bone folder to set it.  Then I added the piece I cut from one of the die cut sheet scraps, and a border on the left side.  Then I added the sentiment - again with foam tape.

Card #2:

This was an interesting one to make.  I cut the left side of the AS to form the base for this card.  However, it just had flowers and Easter eggs.  I had to fussy cut a portion of the left side so I could slip my die cut lambs behind it.  Then I filled in with a few extra Easter eggs to hide the fact that the bottom of the lamb die cut was designed to fit into a hexagonal shape.  The border was too short to fit all the way across the top, but I was able to cut it in the middle and separate it - hiding the separation with my sentiment (added with foam tape).

Card #3:

For this card, I didn't have the AS, and only had some smaller die cuts.  I decided to use some grass AS from my stash, and a marbled blue background paper to serve as sky (also from my stash).  To this, I added die cut pieces - lambs, Easter eggs, flowers - to create a scene.  I fussy cut a border piece from the top of the AS and added the greeting with foam tape.

Card #4:

This card was mostly AS.  The lambs, Easter eggs, and flowers were already printed on it.  After cutting it to size and gluing it in place, I fussy cut the top border edge from the remaining AS and added it toward the top.  Then I simply added a sentiment, and I was done.

Four very quick Easter cards thanks to Hunkydory!

No comments: