Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, March 27, 2024

HD Twilight Under the Sea - Enjoy the Adventure

Today cards feature another Hunkydory set called Enjoy the Adventure - from the kit called Twilight Under the Sea.  Here's what the kit looked like before I used it:

To this I added a few things from my stash to make these 5 cards:

Below is a closer look at each.

Card #1:

This first card is a fold back card.  You can see the fold back a little better in the next picture which shows the card partially open - as displayed.

For the background, I cut panels from the AS and then used a Sharpie to draw around the edges so it looked like it was matted in black.  I glued the focal to just the folded back portion of the card front, and added the sentiment to the other side so it would be seen hanging below the focal.  Then I chopped up the large frame that had come with the set & glued pieces in various places on the background - using the Sharpie to draw "mats" along all of the cut edges.

Card #2:

Both background and focal are cut from a piece of AS for this card.  It wasn't quite as tall as I wanted, so I sliced it and added a narrow strip of black card stock between the pieces.  Over this I added the sentiment which I had matted on white (with Sharpie along the edges of the white).  It still looked pretty plain, so I completed the card by adding a scattering of black jewels from my stash.

Inside:

Borders of AS scraps (edged with Sharpie) decorate the inside.

Card #3:

This time I took a piece of the AS and matted it with black Mirri to make it more the size I wanted - then added a couple of the sentiment pieces - both matted on white and edged with Sharpie.

Inside:


Again, on the inside, I used Sharpie edged scraps of the AS.  This time I added a little die cut as an additional decoration.

Card #4:

Next, I had this diver focal die cut with a couple of frames.  I didn't want to waste the AS because it would hardly be seen behind them, so I simply inked the card front using several colors of Distress Ink to create the background you see here.  Then I glued the narrow border at as much of an angle as the size of the card would allow.  I added the larger frame with foam tape, while the focal is glued directly over the smaller frame.  The sentiment was added with both glue and foam tape.

Inside:

Inside I again used Sharpie lined scraps for borders - but this time I also added some scraps of black.

Card #5:

This last card was made from the AS that I decided NOT to use on the previous card.  It makes a pretty scene by itself.  I added a black border & sentiment, with another sentiment below.  Both sentiments were added with foam tape.

Inside:

Inside I simply used a Sharpie edged scrap of what was on the card front. Voile'!  5 more cards completed.



No comments: