Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, March 25, 2024

HD Meadow Farm - 4 Little Piggies

I have to admit that pigs are not my favorite animal, and I might not have ever used this set if it hadn't been for a challenge on a Message Board I frequent calling for cards using PIGS!  I decided it was a good time to use this Hunkydory set called 4 Little Piggies - from the Meadow Farm Kit.  Here's what the set looked like when I started:


As you can see, there were 1 and 1/2 sheets of die cuts and a piece of AS (Adoreable Scoreable Printed Card Stock).  To this, I added additional materials from my stash.  And here are the 5 cards that I made:

Below is a closer look at each:

Card #1:

This first is one take on a sketch challenge I found interesting.  The scene was cut from the AS.  After cutting the unusual angle, and adding a few extra pieces with foam tape, I backed the upper corner with gold linen card stock before adding it to the yellow checked background (from my stash).  The border was created with a scrap of AS, more of the gold linen card stock, and a greeting die cut from an old HOTP die cut set.

Card #2:

Next up we have a background formed from another piece of the AS.  It just had flowers and a wall, but I added some of the pig die cuts - layering some of them with foam tape for the dimension you see here.  Across the top I added pieces of border on either side of a greeting die cut (from the set) that was added with foam tape.

Card #3:

The picture above shows the card as I had initially finished it - and what's in the group picture above.  I simply embossed the card front (Cuttlebug's Kitchen Weave embossing folder), and added a focal I created using various of the die cuts.  I added some extra pieces with foam tape - including the sentiment.  After taking it's picture, I realized that with just a little more work I could make it fit for a challenge - I just needed to add some sequins - preferably blue ones.  This is what I ended up with:

I'm not really certain if it's an improvement or not, but they're on there now!  I added centers with a light gold Liquid Pearls.

Card #4:

The next card was pieced together using a blue marbled background paper from my stash, and a bunch of die cuts arranged to create this scene.  The diagonal border was a remnant of a border in the set.  I added two greetings from my stash - both on foam tape - lightly inking the edges of the heart with pink.

Card #5:

This last card was again made to meet a challenge - which simply required a fold back card.  However, with my focal being horizontal and my card base folding horizontally, it provided a challenge.  The end result looks a little like a step card with the fold on the bottom and the fold-back on the bottom.  I added a little easel-shaped piece of card stock to the back of the card back near the fold to enable the card to sit like this for display purposes.  It's hard to tell in the photo, but I used pieces of AS and die cut sheet scraps to form light blue printed borders top and bottom.  I then added a border strip (from the set) under the top one that repeats the phrase, "Especially for You."

No comments: