Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, April 10, 2016

Life is Good Birthday


Pictures seldom look as good as the cards do in real life, but this picture REALLY doesn't do this card justice.  There's a lot of metallic silver on the card that just isn't picked up well.  Here's how I made it:
  • Background: The background started with a lovely piece of pink, grey and black card stock from a DCWV mat stack and some black Jewel Border Dazzles (with metallic silver edges - very pretty in person!).  I first matted the card stock piece with black and attached it to my card front. In the center of the card, I wanted a "ribbon" look, so I cut a strip of white paper, glued it to the center of the card stock and then added a Jewel Border Dazzle down the center of it.  I then used border dazzles between each "color change" on the background and around the edge.  This really dressed up the background!
  • Focal: This started with another one of my pre-made focals.  Those are such time savers!  This one was cut using the oval die from JustRite's Vintage Labels Four, and a stamps from Enjoy the Day Vintage Labels Four (JustRite) and Greetings and Labels set (HOTP).  This was matted using foam tape onto a metallic silver piece cut with a die from Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles. I wanted a black mat behind that, so cut one using a die from Decorative Labels Eight (Spellbinders).  I liked the way it looked in the corners, but it wasn't wide enough to properly mat the silver piece.  Soooo, I cut it in 4 pieces.  I started by cutting out the center part, carefully following the decorative curves and then cutting across to the other side.  This gave me 3 pieces.  I then cut the center section in half so I could move the edges closer in the middle section by overlapping them in the back.  I was really happy with the way this turned out!


For the inside, I simply cut two die cuts from cardstock - one black and one white - using dies from Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles.

No comments: