Pictures seldom look as good as the cards do in real life, but this picture REALLY doesn't do this card justice. There's a lot of metallic silver on the card that just isn't picked up well. Here's how I made it:
- Background: The background started with a lovely piece of pink, grey and black card stock from a DCWV mat stack and some black Jewel Border Dazzles (with metallic silver edges - very pretty in person!). I first matted the card stock piece with black and attached it to my card front. In the center of the card, I wanted a "ribbon" look, so I cut a strip of white paper, glued it to the center of the card stock and then added a Jewel Border Dazzle down the center of it. I then used border dazzles between each "color change" on the background and around the edge. This really dressed up the background!
- Focal: This started with another one of my pre-made focals. Those are such time savers! This one was cut using the oval die from JustRite's Vintage Labels Four, and a stamps from Enjoy the Day Vintage Labels Four (JustRite) and Greetings and Labels set (HOTP). This was matted using foam tape onto a metallic silver piece cut with a die from Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles. I wanted a black mat behind that, so cut one using a die from Decorative Labels Eight (Spellbinders). I liked the way it looked in the corners, but it wasn't wide enough to properly mat the silver piece. Soooo, I cut it in 4 pieces. I started by cutting out the center part, carefully following the decorative curves and then cutting across to the other side. This gave me 3 pieces. I then cut the center section in half so I could move the edges closer in the middle section by overlapping them in the back. I was really happy with the way this turned out!
For the inside, I simply cut two die cuts from cardstock - one black and one white - using dies from Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles.