Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, April 24, 2016

Artistic Bible Journaling


Today, as start to experiment with Bible journaling, I find two of my blogs coming together in a synergistic way, though the readers of each may have been unaware of the other.  I'm excited about experiencing the creative process more directly with my CREATOR Father.  If you want to know more about what this page means to me, you can check out my post about this page on my other blog "Cher-ing Daily Bread".   To know more about how I made this page and products used, read on:

Knowing Bible pages to be very delicate, I wanted to start by learning all I could from those who have been journaling in this way for some time, so I started out with the free classes offered by Rebekah Jones on Scrapbook.com (which I learned about on the Paper Wishes Message Board). Signing up for her classes also took me to Rebekah's blog where she has lots of great challenges & techniques posted that relate to artistic Bible journaling.  From there I searched the web and found plenty of other examples and ideas.  You can check out my pintrest page to see some of what I've found.  

Anyway, to make this particular page, I began by prepping with gesso because I wanted to use watercolors to make a quick and easy page.  After the gesso was dried, I quickly scribbled in some color on the margin using watercolor pencils & blended it a bit with a water brush.  Then I used some letter stickers I had in my stash & a Zig Millennium pen to write the words of a song that relates to the importance of this text in my life.


I wanted to acknowledge the fact that this was my birthday text so I added these balloon stickers (HOTP Dazzles backed with pink paper) and wrote in the words using the same Zig pen I used earlier.  The string for the balloons turns into an arrow pointing to the text itself.


I highlighted Romans 8:28 with a metallic watercolor paint and added gold lines around the word "good" to highlight it (it's not highlighted as well as I could wish, so that's something I'll probably be working on in the future).  

When I was finished, I went back between the words to the song and the birthday balloons, and stamped the word "Faith" (Grateful Heart Vintage Labels Two stamps from JustRite) with VersaMark and heat embossed with Rangers Sticky Embossing powder.  I covered the "sticky" with silver gilding flakes and brushed off the excess with a soft-bristled toothbrush.  I outlined the word so it could be seen better and that caused some of the  gilding to come off and reveal a bit of the sticky.  To prevent the pages from sticking together I took just a tiny amount of baby powder and rubbed the area to get rid of any sticky residue.  (Next time I will use my embossing buddy to wipe the area before stamping.  I had some trouble with the embossing powder - and therefore some "sticky" - staying where it wasn't supposed to be.)

No comments: