Here's another card I made for the sketch challenge on PWMB. This one started with materials from the "Confetti Cake Artful Card Kit" from HOTP.
- Background - started with a piece of the black paper with mini-dots from the kit, cut just smaller than the card base. Then I cut four pieces of the green paper (from the kit) using a Spellbinders die from Classic Scallops Large set. I embossed them with a Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots" embossing folder before gluing them in place.
- Focal - I used several die cuts from the kit. I matted the focal with the black lattice-like piece - adding it to the card using foam squares for dimension. I stamped "Celebrating You" (from JustRite's Celebrations Labels One and Bracket Borders One Stamp set) on the Label die cut from the kit. Then I added the stars (die cuts from the kit), covering the dots on the label.
- Accent - I stamped "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" (from HOTP Artful Collection Stamps) on the flag. The flag pole was pink and white and I didn't want a bunch of pink on this card that I figured to use for a guy, so I colored over the pink with a black Sharpie.
- Borders: I cut two borders from the black paper using a die from Spellbinders A2 Bracket Borders One Die set. Then I cut two 1/2" wide strips from the green paper and then used one of the dies from Edgeabilities Classic Decorative Inserts Two (Spellbinders) to create a fancy ribbon which I layered on top of the black paper and glued to the two edges of the card.
- Accent: I found the green flag die cut in the kit and stamped "HIP HIP HOORAY!" from a HOTP small stamp set called "Ticket". I glued this to a flag pole die cut from the kit (once again covering the pink stripes using a black sharpie pen. Then I put foam squares under the flag and used this to attach the flag to the card, leaving the pole hanging free.