This card is an example of how posting my cards to this blog occasionally helps make the card look better! When I went to post it, the card originally looked like this:
I knew it needed something, but hadn't figured out what. As I was posting it, I realized the focal needed to be "anchored" by something and got the idea of adding the border you see in the first picture. I think it makes the card look much more finished.
Background: Patterned Paper from DCWV "All Dressed Up" matstack. To this I added a strip of black paper with a 1/8" inch aqua ribbon about an inch from the bottom of the card. On the upper left corner I added 3 black "Jewel Dazzles" from HOTP.
Focal: It's hard to see in the picture, but this focal has quite a lot of dimension. It started with a piece of glossy card stock, inked with alcohol inks, stamped & heat embossed with stamps from JustRite "Vintage Rose Medallions" & JustRite "Always and Forever" stamp sets. It was cut with the matching JustRite Medallion die and attached to the mat with several layers of dimensional tape. The "mat" is actually a flower cut with HOTP Paper Artist "Bodacious Blooms" die. The petals are cut like two pieces, and I've ensured visible dimension by putting pieces of dimensional tape under the center part of each petal.