Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, September 28, 2015

Art Board design from "Girlfriends Getaway"


I've never made one of these art boards before, and it's not really my "thing", but this was one of the "Girlfriends Getaway" projects hosted by Paper Wishes/Hot Off the Press this past weekend.  

It was made using an 8 X 8 canvas board with brown ink to color the edges. Then we used paper and Paper Tole from the "Artful Watercolors" sets and added elements from the Artful Affirmations Dazzles (all from Hot Off the Press).  The pink tag was printed on white paper and we used Design Tool Kit #7 to cut it's shape.  

The finished product IS pretty and will make a nice picture for my craft room.  It's not easy to see in this picture, but there is a gold sticker message on the "post card" in this picture.  It says, "Do more of what you love!"  What a great message for my craft room! :)  I decided I wanted it to stand out more, so after I took this picture, I gently pulled the sticker off and colored it with a black sharpie before placing it back on the "post card".  The message stands out much more clearly and now all I need to do is to figure out how best to hang it in my craft room!  I expect it will look better against my light green walls, than it does against that yellow card stock! :)

No comments: