It all started when I started cutting out and embossing a bunch of these holly borders using Spellbinder's "Holly Accents" for a die cut exchange. They are such pretty borders. I especially like using chalks to color them like I did here:
Anyway, because I was cutting quite a few of them for a die exchange, I found myself trying to cut them fairly close together to waste as little card stock as possible. To do so, I needed to offset the die each time, so I ended up with leftover card stock that looked like this.
If you look closely between the two cutouts, you will discover another interesting border. I liked them so much I went ahead and cut them loose to be able to used them on another project. When I had done so, they looked like this: