This card turned out VERY differently than I expected when I started. I had picked out a patterned paper to use with the focal and was all set to do so. Then I saw the aqua embossed piece of glimmer paper in my stash (embossed using "Imperial" M-Bossability folder from Spellbinders). It looked great with the patterned paper but, being the miser that I am, didn't want to waste a lot of the embossed glimmer paper, so cut out the center of it. When I went to place it on the black card I was using for a base, it looked so nice as a frame that I decided against using the patterned paper at all!
I wish I was a better photographer so you could see the dimension in this card better. The focal is made from multiple layers separated by dimensional tape. The very back layer is actually two pieces overlapped - cut from the glimmer paper with Spellbinders "Fancy Tags Two" die set. The next layer is a piece of black paper cut with a Spellbinders "Labels Eleven" die. Next is another "Fancy Tags Two" die cut out of the glimmer paper. Finally we have the focal itself - glossy card stock colored with alcohol inks, cut with a JustRite "Vintage Labels Three" die, and heat embossed in black using stamps from JustRite "For All You Do Vintage Labels Three" and HOTP "Stamp and Punch" stamps sets.
The final touch (added after I started to post this!) is a bunch of black Jewel Dazzles in different sizes. Compare the finished product to the one I had before adding the Jewel Dazzles: