I'm often frustrated by the way the camera seems to change the color of things because of the way the light bounces off different materials. This card is a case in point. In real life, the ribbon coordinates better than it appears in this picture. Oh well . . . Here's how I made this one.
Focal: Glossy card stock was colored with alcohol inks and then stamped and heat embossed in silver using stamps from JustRite "Enjoy the Day Vintage Labels Four" and JustRite "Grand Sentiments" stamp sets. It was cut with the matching JustRite "Vintage Labels Four" die.
Mat: This mat was the result of an "accident". I had intended to cut a piece of black paper using a die from Spellbinders "Fleur De Lis Rectangles" set. However, as I ran it through my machine, the die slipped and the die ended up partially off the paper. This reminded me that I don't have to use the entire die cut - I can use just a portion of it. So, I just trimmed the bad part of the cut off and ended up with a mat that was just big enough for my focal.
Background: The background paper is another from DCWV "All Dressed Up" matstack. I cut it just enough smaller than my black card base so the card itself would form a mat for it. Near the bottom, I added a fancy satin ribbon with a bow.