Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, September 22, 2012

PW Sketch Challenge for Sept

Today's card was inspired by September's sketch challenge on the Paper Wishes Message Board.  You can see the sketch we were to use, here.  I didn't follow it exactly (I seldom do).  I turned the sketch on its side and the proportions of the rectangles aren't quite the same (I just got my Resplendent Rectangles Dies and HAD to use them!)  The focal was cut with one of the Fancy Tags Two dies (all are Spellbinders Dies). The stamps used are from Hot Off the Press and the green patterned paper is from them as well - called "Green Salt".

This card is pretty self explanatory, but I'll point out a few things. For ease of explanation, I'll number the dies in the Resplendent Rectangles set from LARGEST to smallest.  So #1 is the largest one, and #5 is the smallest. 

I cut the large rectangle using dies number 2 and 3 TOGETHER to create the dark green frame.  Tape them in place with stencil tape or painter's tape so they stay put, and leave the tape on until you run them through a second time with the embossing mat.  I wanted the patterned paper to show through the cutouts in the frame, so I cut a rectangle from the patterned paper that was just a hair smaller than the frame and put it behind the dark green. (You can trim it with scissors where necessary.)

The frame for the smaller rectangle was cut using number 3 and number 4 dies TOGETHER - same method as before.  This time I was just able to cut the patterned paper with die number 4 and slip it into the center of the frame.

The focal was a little more challenging, but not too bad.  I cut and embossed the fancy tag die twice - once with the patterned paper, and once with the dark green, saving the innies.  Then I simply put the patterned innies into the dark green frame.  I then put white cardstock over the center of the die and ran it through to EMBOSS it.  Then I simply cut around the embossing line to get the center piece of the focal.  After stamping a sentiment and a couple of flowers, I was ready to glue it to the focal.

I matted everything with white cardstock. It was pretty easy - just draw around the die with a pencil and then cut along the drawn line. White brads form the centers of the flowers in the upper right corner, and white ribbon finishes off the design.

No comments: