Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, September 17, 2012

More Techniques for Newspaper Clippings


Yesterday's post shows some scrapbook pages where the main focus is a newspaper clipping or two.  Today's pages also have newspaper clippings, but they are not particularly focal points.  

On the first page (above), the newspaper clipping is a nice addition, but it takes a back seat to the photo and my own journaling and title.  This was achieved mostly through the use of color.  The white really pulls the eye, so the tan of the clipping fades to the background.  You'll notice I used tan decorative elements, however, to help pull the page together.


This blue page, isn't my favorite.  If I were doing it now, I think I would have tripple-matted the focal photo by adding a second mat in white and then a third mat in tan.  This would have helped draw the eye and make the focal photo appear larger.  As things stand, there's a bit of a fight for focal point, despite the addition of the decorative corners & flower.  The addition of the additional mats would also have helped pull the page together.  If that had been done, and the newspaper clipping moved down a bit, I think this would have been a great page. I like the way the title was done in colors similar to the newspaper clipping.


This third page is a bit busy, but it contains some wonderful items about my grandmother's engagement party.  Here you see some newspaper articles, along with a couple of momentos from the party.  The napkin has been discolored because of adhesive someone used on it in the past.  As usual, I chose to mount it with no adhesive actually touching it, so I won't be making the situation any worse.  My grandmother had written a bit about the party on the napkin.  It's fun to have her handwriting on the page.


This final page also has a newspaper clipping, but once again, it is not center stage. On the actual page, the colors of the clipping and the tans used in embellishing, blend better than it looks like here.

I hope these pages have given you some ideas for incorporating newspaper clippings into your scrapbooking.

No comments: