Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, October 7, 2024

WCMD Marathon - Part 2


Here's Part 2 of my card making marathon (see part 1 here). This time I'm featuring the cards I made on Oct 6 - only 7 cards this time, but one (the one you see above) took a bit of time to figure out and make.

So, here are the 7 cards I made - in order of how I made them.

Card #1: 

 
I started with the one I figured would be the most complicated.  It was, but really not too bad.  A link had been posted to the video of how it was made (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLkr-n0ZUME).  The patterned papers I used were from a set I was given called Wild and Free collection from Graphic45.  The only thing that wasn't was the sentiment - stamped with a stamp from Crafter's Companion Compendium set of greetings - the set called Birthday-Female. The base card and mats were card stock from my stash.  The picture above shows the card when folded up.  The next picture shows it open for display.

 
There are two things I'll mention about the structure.  First, I would use lighter card stock for the base next time.  Because I have so many layers, the card is really firm and thick.  Secondly, in her video she says she makes her diamonds 1/8" bigger so she doesn't have to be as precises when putting this card together.  I made mine the way she suggested and had to trim my diamonds because they really didn't fit if you wanted to fold the card.  SO, next time I would NOT add the 1/8" like she did!

Here you see the back of the card where I have stamped a greeting (same stamp set) and will write my message to the recipient.

Card #2:

This card, and the 3 that follow are made using a One Sheet Wonder pattern for a 6 x 6 piece of patterned paper.  The OSW pattern started by cutting the paper into quarters.  Each card used one of these resulting 3 x 3" papers - plain or cut further.  I used paper my niece shared with me - Halloween themed in fun colors - not sure who made it.  

For this card, the 3 x 3 was again cut into quarters - then matted individually - then matted collectively.  This piece served as a large mat for my focal sentiment.  All patterned paper used on these 4 cards was from the same set, but the plain pink and the black were from my stash.   

The background started with a piece of black paper that had been embossed using a Darice folder called Damask.  A strip of patterned paper down the center completed the background. The focal sentiment, and the strip sentiment below it, were both from Sassy's LLC.  For the focal, I lightly inked the edges of the sentiment, then matted it on a punched scalloped pink circle, then on a black die cut piece (Flower multi-frame set by Nellie Snellen).  The strip sentiment was double matted & then added with foam tape.

Card #3:

This next card left the 3x3 piece intact.  The background was a piece of matted pink patterned paper with a strip of matted orange and pink patterned paper down the center.  The focal was a sticker from the set which I narrowly matted with black and added with foam tape.  The sentiment was another from Sassy's LLC and was again matted and added with foam tape.

Card #4:

The background this time uses the same two patterned papers as the previous, but the strip is narrower and the patterns are reversed.  For this card, the 3 x 3 piece was cut into 1" wide strips and matted before being added on top of the background.  The sentiment was a sticker that I attached to black card stock and then fussy cut around it to form a narrow border.  This was then added to the card front using dimensionals.  The card still felt fairly plain, so I added some "gem" diamonds from my stash to bling it up a bit.

Card #5:

This last card was the most fun.  The background was very plain - just black card stock. The 3 x 3 piece was cut on the diagonal, matted individually, and then matted on a pink rectangle.  The focal was another sticker.  This time  when I added it to the black, I just cut a rectangle around it.  Next, I narrowly matted this with pink card stock.  The whole was then added to the card front using a wobble spring.  The double-matted strip sentiment is another from Sassy's LLC.

Card #6:

By now I was winding down.  My mojo and energy were waning after two marathon card making days!  The last challenge was to C.A.S.E. up to three cards.  I only managed to do two before I gave out and called it a day.  Both were pretty straight forward, using 2 3/8" wide strips cut from patterned paper.  I cut both this and the one used on the next card from one 6 x 6 set of papers that my Mom shared with me.  It was double sided, so the two look quite different.  I used a lilac card stock as card base for this one, narrowly matted my strip with blue and then glued it in place.  The sentiment was a stamp from JustRite's Chicken Soup Labels Four set.  After stamping and embossing on light blue card stock, I cut it out using a die from Spellbinders Labels Four cutting die set.  I inked the edges before adding to the card front with dimensionals.

Card #7:

This last card is a cut away.  The patterned paper strip is a little shorter and matted with white.  The card itself is a dark blue card stock, but the inside is also matted with white, so only narrow borders show.  The sentiment is another stamp from JustRite - this time their Always and Forever Medallion Labels stamp set. I die cut this using JustRite's Nested Medallion Labels cutting dies.  I wanted a narrower border than their next size up die, so used the die I cut with and traced around the outer edges before fussy cutting my mat from the same card stock as that used for the card base.
 
Th-th-th-th-ats all folks! :)



No comments: