Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, October 11, 2024

KCC 16 for Autumn

Wanting some Thanksgiving cards, I decided to do a KCC (Kendra's Card Challenge) card set in Autumn colors using papers from HOTP called Autumn Blessings.   Here's a quick look at all 15 of them.

And now a closer look at each:

Card #1:

For card number one, I started by embossing the card front with an embossing folder called Kitchen Weave from Cuttlebug.  I matted the pieces with brown glimmer paper.  The focal consists of two cut outs from the set - the smaller one added with foam tape.

Card #2:

The second card also had the brown glimmer paper mats.  I added an embossed tan background that had also been embossed with the Kitchen Weave folder - this time inked with brown.  The small center square was cut from an orange piece of card stock in my stash.  The focal is a small sentiment cut out from the paper set.

Card #3:


This time I matted the border with a punched border on brown glimmer paper.  Once again I added a block of orange card stock from my stash.  I added a turkey made from Elizabeth Craft Turkey die and a die cut matted greeting.

Card #4:

This card is pretty simple - just the matted papers and a large matted sentiment.  Instead of adding the side pieces in the center the way the sketch showed, I moved them down to help balance the greeting (Kat Scrappiness - Happy Thanksgiving).

Card #5:

Another simple composition - just the matted cut pieces and a couple of cut outs.  That seemed a little TOO plain, so I inked the edges of the card.

Card #6:

This time I chose to double mat the pieces.  Instead of adding the suggested matted circle, I added a matted piece for the turkey to stand on (another turkey created with the Elizabeth Crafts Turkey die set).  A cut out sentiment piece in the upper left and small punched circles in the upper right complete this card. 

Card #7:

The focal turkey was created using Karen Burniston's Feathered Animals die.  The sentiment is a cut out that was matted & then added with foam tape.  The fall leaves at the bottom and near the sentiment are a bit unusual (die cut from the Elizabeth Crafts Turkey die).  I added them to the bottom of the card and it didn't look very good, but once they were glued in place I couldn't remove them.  On the advice of a friend, I added more leaves below the sentiment and it helped tie things together better.

Card #8:

This time, I simply matted patterned papers and a stamped greeting (one of my Mom's stamps - I inked the edges).  An added ribbon bow was the only other touch.

Card #9:

After matting the pieces, I found a stamped/die cut sentiment my Mom made and matted it before threading ribbon though it.  Next, I die cut a white piece using Spellbinders Labels One.  Then I die cut a mat using Luscious Labels One.  I added another turkey - Karen Burniston's Feathered Animals again.

Card #10:

Background paper is matted with dark paper and embossed with a Darice embossing folder called Damask.  It again uses a turkey from Karen Burniston's Feathered Animals. The sentiment banner is one stamped and die cut using a set of my mother's.  

Card #11:

This one used lots of little pieces.  Along with mats, I added a bit of ink behind the turkey and on the sentiment (another stamped and died from my mother's set).  The turkey is again a Karen Burniston Feathered Animals.

Card #12:

One of the 4 pieces of patterned paper had these branches and a bird.  So, I added another inked sentiment banner (again my mom's stamps & dies) that I matted with turquoise glitzy paper before adding it with foam tape.  It still didn't work, so I found a robin sticker in my stash - adhering it to card stock and fussy cutting that before adding it with foam tape.  It still didn't feel complete, but finally I thought to add 3 small punched circles of the glitzy turquoise and that pulled it together better.

Card #13:


I turned this one on its side and used turquoise glitzy paper from my stash to mat everything.  The sentiment is from Sassy's LLC.  I used a scalloped punch, my nested circle dies, a Double Stitched Circle die from Kat Scrappiness, and a Nested Flower die from Nellie Snellen to mat the sentiment.

Card #14:

This time I went with a matted cut out sentiment from the paper set, but felt I really needed a bit of a border so found a scrap of another patterned paper and added it for a border.  All mats were a dark brown glimmer paper.

Card #15:

This final card for the set is a REAL simple card.  I once again turned the sketch on it's side.  This time I simply added a matted sentiment (Sassy's LLC, punched mat, Splendid Circles die from Spellbinders for the 2nd mat) and a piece of knotted ribbon.

No comments: