Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, October 12, 2024

Flamingo Birthday & More


Flamingo Card: A flamingo lover's birthday is coming up, so this card seemed quite appropriate.  I inked the outer portion of the card front with Distress Inks (Tumbled Glass and Pine Needles).  Then I added a bunch of die cuts and a sentiment.  Most die cuts are from Spellbinders May 2024 Large die of the Month called Grand Tropical Flamingos, but a few of the leaves are from the same month's Small die of the Month called Tropical Friends.  The sentiment is from Sassy's LLC & matted on a punched scalloped peach mat and a die cut black mat (Spellbinders Splendid Circles die set).

Inside:


 

On the inside, I used another of Sassy's sentiments, just matted on a punched scalloped black mat.  I again inked the outer edges of the card & added another flamingo (this time on a wobble spring).

Card #2:

My next card mostly makes use of two Spellbinders die sets from the Tunnel Scapes collection - Cloud Tunnel and Fly Away die sets.  I also made use of the cloud part of the Background Scapes stencil that was a part of the stencil that came with the Window with a View collection.  Because I was going to hand deliver this one, I was able to add a lot of dimension to it.  Dimensional foam between each layer and some under the sentiments and plane as well.  Round sentiment is from Sassy's LLC, strip sentiment is from the Typewriter Adventure Sentiments stamp set that goes with the Tunnel Scapes collection.

No comments: