Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Karen Burniston Characters


Today I have a bunch of die cut critters made from some Karen Burniston dies.  They are SO cute and easy to put together!  While they can easily be cut from different colors, I cut them all from white card stock and colored them with Distress Inks and Distress Oxide Inks.  Her dies have some stencil holes for adding finishing touches like eyes, mouths, and feet.  So quick and easy to make and did I say CUTE! :)

In the picture at the top of the page, are her Feathered Animals - owls, ostriches and turkeys.  As you can see, I added glasses and eyebrows to the first owl.  I decided not to add them to the others, but instead wait until I know how they'll be used and what I might want in the way of accessories for them.  I also have some little top hats I could add to the turkeys if I want to do so.

Next up are the Woodland Animals.

 
First are the raccoons - which I think may be the cutest of the bunch. I really love how easy they are to put together. 

 
Then there are the foxes.  It's hard to realize they are the same base die as the raccoons - just decorated differently.
 

The squirrels are the last of the Woodland Animals.

Next up are ones from the set called simply Monkey and Lion.

 
The lion came with a crown and heart - but again, I only added them to one, waiting until I use them to decide what I want.  I colored the crown with metallic Sharpie, but that might be one piece I would die cut from metallic tag board.  

The monkey comes with a couple of bananas and a vine it can hang from.  As you can see, it can be put together in two different ways.  Such fun!

Finally, are the cat and dog.


These look much better when they have their little added accessories - collar, kerchief, food bowl, etc.  I DID cut those out, but am not coloring them and adding them until I know what color I want for the particular project on which they get used.

That's all for now.  But can I just say, I LOVE these critters!!!!  They are so cute, and so easy to put together!

No comments: