Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Thailand Scrapbook Pages 1 - 7


Yesterday I started a new scrapbook - but I really started it a LONG time ago.  Most of the time spent so far has been going through pictures and sorting out how I want to organize the scrapbook.    I DID make a pair of pages about tigers that I worked on for National Scrapbook Day in May of this year - see them here.  Those are actually pages 32 & 33 - and will come near the end of the book.  But now I'm actually starting to create the book as a whole.  This post will show the first 7 pages, all of which make use of leftovers from my Taj Mahal mat stack from DCWV (the same one I used for my India scrapbook).

Page #1 (above): The color of this one isn't quite as true to life as I would have liked.  The red appears a bit more scarlet  - though it has a pattern of deeper red in it.  The filigree is a metallic gold.  In addition to the basics of photos and text (as you can see, I printed the title on my map), I added a pocket in the back at the top to hold tickets from the flights mentioned on this page.  You can see the little thumb-place where they can be pulled out.  They're in an envelope that fits in the pocket.  You can probably tell that I took the piece I cut for the thumb hole and glued it in place on the envelope.

Pages 2 & 3:

These pages were created as a dual page spread.  There's a lot on them.  I'll discuss each individually.

Page #2:

Here I glued several pictures in a strip right next to each other - actually with mats overlapping - before adding the remaining pictures below.  Title and journaling were printed on my computer.  I matted the title with a die cut gold mat using a Spellbinders die from Romantic Rectangles 2 set of dies.  I then added another pocket to hold an envelope containing hotel receipts.  Having realized from the last page that it was easier for the envelopes to slide out of the pocket than intended, I created a bit of a latch from a piece of gold. It is only glued to the envelope where the thumb hole is, but serves to hold the envelope in place a bit better to help prevent the envelope from accidentally falling out.  I added a white strip on top of the latch to identify the contents.

Page #3:

This companion page has more pictures, journaling, and a second title.  It also has a vellum pocket into which a brochure was inserted.

Pages 4 & 5:

Next up is another two-page spread - this time about the floating market.  Here's a closer look at each.

Page 4:

As you can see, I created a 3 x 3 grid of photos and matted the whole on a piece of red card stock.  I also matted the upper photo and journaling block on the red.  I printed the title block using Microsoft Word and trimmed it close to the green border.

Page 5:

I chose to use a wider red mat with the focal photo, and a narrow one with the journaling block. I chose not to use a red mat with the rest of the photos.

Page 6:

Page six starts with a sheet of white paper.  To that, I added a strip of red that I used to mat the focal picture and a second one.  I used some pretty decorative red and gold paper to mat all photos and journaling blocks.  The title was die cut using Momenta alphabet dies from the same decorative paper.  I added a gold mat for the focal photo. and this page was done.

Page 7:

The next page has a block of 15 photos matted on decorative paper (the same paper used on the previous page).  The title was die cut from the same paper using the same Momenta dies and some no-name dies.

It feels so good to have made a good start on this scrapbook.

No comments: