Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, September 21, 2024

Stamping Challenge


 Well, today's challenge was to use stamping to meet other challenges on the message board I frequent.  Just a stamped sentiment met the challenge, but kudos for stamping background and focal as well.

Here's a picture of the two cards I made for this challenge:

I'll show a closer look at each and describe what I did.

Card #1:
This card started with a digital paper that I printed.  I matted it on brown paper before adding it to my card front.
 
For my stamped element, I tried to create a wreath.  I used a gadget I've had for a long time called Stamping Gears.  I think this experiment has made me decide to get rid of it!  I was very frustrated at the poor quality of stamping that I got.  Of course, now that I've had some time to get past the frustration, I realize that it's probably not the stamping gears fault since I used Distress Inks.  I use them for stamping all the time, but usually on my stamping platform where I can stamp them a second time to sharpen up the image.  I'll have to use some other inks to see how well it works before for sure getting rid of it!  Anyway, I ended up using markers to color in all the stamped lines.  It took forever!  Then I added some color to the flowers with my scroll and brush markers.  I used Kat Scrappiness dies called Double Stitched Circles to cut a circle around the stamped image - and then a 2nd circle to make a frame.  I colored the frame with Vintage Photo Distress ink.
 
The center of this stamped image was pretty messy with lots of overlapping stems, so I stamped another flower (stamp from Serendipity Flowers set from HOTP) and colored it in before adding with foam tape.  I die cut a sentiment using Spellbinders dies from a set called Happy Fall.
 
Card #2:
 
I really DO like the way this one turned out, but if the last one took forever, this one took at least double that. :)  All stamps, including the sentiment, came from a set I got in a card making magazine.  The set was called Tropical Treetops and was made by Stampendous.  
 
I stamped the background, taking care to mask off previous leaves and overlapping the next stamps to make quite an interesting background (time consuming!).  I used two different colors of ink for this.  
 
Next I colored in the leaves using Inktense pencils & a water brush (time consuming!).  I stamped the tree & sloth - again using different colors of inks - and then using Inktense pencils.  Then I fussy cut them out and glued them together (all time consuming!).  I added a ribbon across my panel and glued it to the card front before adding my tree & sloth with foam tape.  Next, I created two more leaves the same way and fussy cut them out (time consuming!).  I used these top and bottom of the stamped "tree" to hide the cut-off trunk.  
 
Finally I added a sentiment stamped on a white rectangular piece that I glued in place.  

Since the card blank was kraft colored, I added a white panel on the inside to hold my message.  I may stamp some on the inside as well, but I haven't decided that yet.

So, there are my two cards - took me most of the day!

No comments: