Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, September 6, 2024

HD Perfect Days - Afternoon Tea

Today I have cards made from another Hunkydory set.  This set - Afternoon Tea - comes from the kit called Perfect Days.

Set as it comes:

The 5 cards that I made from it and some misc from my stash:

There's a 6 x 6 card, a 5 x 7 card, a slimline card, and two A2 cards.  And now a closer look at each card.

Card #1:


This one is pretty straight forward.  I started by cutting the piece of lavender checked scrap for a background.  Next I added the die cuts (some on foam tape), splitting the border behind the sentiment so it stretched all the way across.  The sentiment itself is on foam tape, and I added a ribbon bow from my stash.  I finished it by adding gold Thin Line Border Dazzles from HOTP.

Card #2:

 
Next up is the slimline card.  This one was created using a panel cut from the coordinating AS (Adoreable Scoreable printed card stock) in the set.  I cut a piece of leftover AS to extend the bottom of the panel before adding it to my card.  I covered the join with a piece of border and put another piece of it toward the top of the card.  I added a layered piece on the focal with foam tape - and then added the sentiment using the same.  I again added gold Border Dazzles - this time wider strips just on either side of the card.

Card #3:
 
Next up is another piece of AS for the background - with focal, extra pieces, corners, and sentiment added die cut pieces (some on foam tape).  This time I did something extra special on the inside:

 
I used one of the smaller die cut pieces to add a pop-up feature on the inside of the card.  I also added just a strip of the AS that was used on the card front.
 
Card #4:
 
This card started with a small piece of AS left over from making cards.  I matted it with gold tag board, wrapped a ribbon around it, and glued it to a mat of patterned paper from my stash.  I added some extra pieces to the foal with foam tape, added a bow to the top left corner of the focal, and the added a die cut sentiment on top of the bow.
 
Card #5:
 
By the time I got to the last card of this set, I had already used most of my supplies.  I added a checked lavender piece from my stash, added my die cut focal (with extra piece on foam tape), added the sentiment from the set (upper right corner) and then finished with a greeting from HD's Little Book of Essential Greetings (lower left corner).

That's it.  5 cards from this set.

No comments: