Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Stamping Challenge Two

Today I decided to continue using my stamps for card making.  This first is a scenic slimline stamp from Stampendous called Meadow Slim.  Without my stamping platform, I would never have attempted to stamp something like this!  I colored it with my Inktense pencils and water brushes, matted it on black and adhered it to the card front.  I die cut the man with child using one of those misc dies I got from Temu - then colored it the same way as the background, finishing by running a black Sharpie all around the edges.  I put foam squares on the upper body/head of each, while putting glue on the shoes and lower legs before adhering to the card front.  Finally, I stamped a greeting (from Spellbinders Sending Sunshine Sentiments stamp set).  I added it to my card front using foam tape.  DONE!

Card #2:

This time I started with a stamp from Hunkydory called Mrs. Nutkins.  I stamped it 3 times.  Once on rectangular piece of white card stock, once on lavender patterned paper, and once on parchment paper.  I colored in the animal and the honey jar using Inktense pencils and a water brush.  I also colored in the shawl on the patterned paper in the same way.  I fussy cut the patterned paper to just her dress, and glued it in place.  Then I fussy cut the parchment paper to form her apron and glued that in place.  I stamped a sentiment using a stamp from JustRite's Antique Autumn Tags One.
 
Next, I die cut two pieces from gold tag board.  The first, cut with a die from Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles Two formed the mat for the focal, and the second, from Spellbinders Renaissance Jeweled Frame die set for the sentiment. 

I embossed a piece of black card stock (using HOTP Leafy Vine embossing folder) and cut it to serve as a second mat for the focal.  Then I matted the sentiment mat with the black, fussy cutting near the edge.

Using a second lavender pattern for the background, I cut it just smaller than the card front, inked the edges with black, and glued in place.  Then I simply added my other elements as you see here.

Card #3:

This time I started with a little girl stamped in black ink and heat embossed with clear powder.  The stamp came from a HOTP set called Janie's Girls.  I actually had stamped and heat embossed a second time on gold vellum, expecting to cut out the coat and glue it in place.  But, by the time I got finished coloring this little girl (using a red marker and some Cotton Candy distress ink), I decided I liked her with a black and white coat.  And I knew I had papers that would work well to go with her coat.  
 
As you can see, I chose a dotted black paper for the background, cutting it just smaller than the card blank.  Before gluing it in place, I matted my little girl on red glimmer paper and then glued her in the center of the background.  I cut strips of another black and white patterned paper, matted them on the same red, and glued them on the diagonal, trimming along the edges of the panel.  Then I glued the panel in place on the card front.  Finally, I constructed a red ribbon bow and a matted sentiment, adding them for my finishing touches.  Oops!  It really needs something in the lower left corner.  Let's add some Jewel Dazzles:

There, NOW it's done!

No comments: