Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, June 22, 2022

HD A Sparkling Season - Family Fun Part 1

Today I have 7 cards - the first HALF of the Family Fun Set of card making materials from Hunkydory's A Sparkling Season.  Because I got not only the topper set, but also the 8 x 8 paper set, I have a lot of materials.  For these cards, I used the peachy-turquoise colored pieces (saving the purple-blue for Part 2).  Here's a picture of the full topper set - a topper sheet with two (AS) adoreable scoreable card stock:


And the related 8 x 8 papers:


Here's a picture of the 7 cards:

In addition to these materials, I used some of the coordinating AS from a separate purchase. I also used some inside sentiment stamps that my Mom has.  Now for a closer look at each one.

Card #1:

Here I took part of the AS sheet - adding another piece of border and then trimming it to get the look you see here.  I added another border using a ribbon and pieces of the die cut frame - then added the focal with some foam tape.

Inside:


Inside I added pieces of patterned paper & more of the frame for borders. 

Card #2:

Here I took a strip of one of the 8 x 8 papers, added fussy cut penguins from the same source.  I added a little bit of coordinating AS & some Dazzles border stickers (from HOTP).  The sentiment is from a HD Christmas Sentiments book.

Inside:

Here I have strips of that coordinating AS & a stamped sentiment. (Mom's stamp - as all of them are.)

Card #3:

This is the card shown at the top of the page. The background is cut from the topper - pieced together to get the border top and bottom.  After gluing it to the card front, I traced around the inside of the die cut frame and then cut along that line through both thicknesses - forming an aperture.  I cut a piece of acetate and sandwiched it between the frame & the background.  Then I took a cut out sentiment from the 8 x 8 paper & layered it on some holographic paper attached to card stock and die cut it, creating the silver holographic mat you see here.

Inside:

The piece I cut out from the background served as a mat for the die cut focal piece.  I added this to the inside, arrancing it so it could be seen through the acetate when the card is closed. 

Card #4:

Here I have a piece of an 8 x 8 paper for the main card front.  I matted it on a holographic silver from my stash. A scrap of silver card stock forms a border from which the star-shaped sentiment hangs (sentiment from a Hunkydory Christmas Sentiments book).

Inside:


Scraps of patterned paper & holographic silver form borders on the inside - along with the stamped sentiment.

Card #5:

Once again I have a strip of the 8 x 8 papers for the card front.  I added fussy cut penguins, a sentiment from the HD Sentiment book, a bit of ribbon from my stash, and Dazzles border stickers.

Inside:

Patterned paper scraps & Dazzles border stickers form borders above & below the stamped message.

Card #6:

This card starts with a piece of the 8 x 8 paper for the main card.  I wrapped a piece of baker's twine around the top to form a border from which the sentiment tag "hangs".  I finished it with a little bow.

Inside:

A little strip of the 8 x 8 paper forms a border on the inside - along with a stamped message.

Card #7:

This last card also started with a piece cut from the 8 x 8 papers.  Then I cut another strip from the same paper, but turned it to the back side (it's double sided) to form a bit of a border.  Dazzles border stickers & a sentiment from the HD Sentiment book complete the card front.

Inside:

More of the same completes the inside.



No comments: