Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, June 19, 2022

More in Lavenders & Purples

Today I finally finished the rest of the lavender papers from the HOTP Garden Journal Set.  Though I didn't mention it, I started using them in this post.  I'm really working to finish up some of my older paper sets.  Anyway, here are the last 3 cards made using these papers.

Card #1:

This first card is quite simple.  It started with some scraps of paper & a calendar page.  I DID make it larger than I usually do - 6 1/2" square - because I wanted as much of the cat and flowers as you see here.  That unfortunately means that it doesn't fit in the space I have set aside for my finished cards!  I didn't think of that when I decided to go a bit larger.  But I DO like the finished card.  

The focal was quickly cut down from the original calendar page to the size you see here - and then matted with two different papers - scraps from the paper set that I'm trying to get used up.  I had to piece the bottom layer to get it wide enough.  After matting the focal, I went looking for a sentiment I liked.  When I found it in a Hunkydory sentiment book - trimmed in gold - I decided to frame the focal with gold to tie everything together.  The frame is cut with dies from Tattered Lace called Georgette Squares.

Inside:

Inside is even more simple - scraps of leftovers from the front, and then a small version of front focal framed in gold (same die set).

Card #2:

This card is my least favorite, but I HAD to use up all that ephemera somehow!  As you can see, I fussy cut the butterfly & die cut the flowers - inking the edges of all of them.  Scraps create the background - with ribbon from my stash creating a border of sorts.  I stamped the greeting on a scrap of the paper (small stamp set from Studio G).  The butterfly has foam tape under its wings & the antennae are hand drawn.

Inside:

Inside is more of the same.

Card #3:

This last card (also shown at the top of this post) may be my favorite.  The card front is embossed with a Darice folder called Damask.  The beautiful lacy frame/mat is actually die cut from the center of the mat used for the first card in this post - using another die from the Georgette Squares die set.  I cut another mat to go in the center of the lacy one - from a different scrap of paper (same paper set) - before adding my focal.  The focal is a piece of printed vellum from my stash that I adhered to a small piece of white card stock.  The greeting was from my stash.

This makes a total of 7 cards from that set of papers (augmented with stuff from my stash).  I must say that it feels good to get them used up!  (Of course, there are still lots more where those came from, so I have my work cut out for me to get them all used up.)

No comments: