Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, June 9, 2022

Sentimental Rose Box Kit - Stampin' Up

Today I have 9 cards and an acetate box for them, all made from a kit from Stampin' Up called Sentimental Rose.  Above you see the cards in the box.  Below is a picture of the box without cards in it.

I made the box very similar to the instructions.  The flower & leaves were punch outs.  The tag was a punch out that was stamped with one of the stamps in the kit.  The string & corrugated wrap all came in the kit - as did the scored acetate for the box.  The set was designed to create 3 sets of 3 identical cards.  As you'll see, I've grouped the cards below in sets of three based on the focal material provided, but I certainly did NOT make them identical - changing up focal, card base, sentiment & more.

Focal Set #1 - Printed Flowers

Card #1:

The center panel, card base, corrugated piece, and sentiment were all provided in the kit.  However, I stamped the sentiment & the leaves with stamps & ink from the kit.  I added the sentiment with foam tape - also found in the kit.

Card #2:

Here I tore open one of the pink envelopes so I could use the pink printed paper for my card.  I cut a mat from it for the focal & die cut the sentiment from the inside of the mat where it wouldn't be seen.  After trimming the focal to fit, matting it, and adding it to the card, I stamped some leaves & added the die cut sentiment (which I separated - it cut the two words connected).  The die was from Creative Expressions and called Stacked Happy Birthday.  I added another strip of the patterned paper on the right side for a border, and added 3 white punched circles & 3 enamel pieces to the top of it.

Card #3:

I think this is my favorite card of the 9 I made.  As you can see, I trimmed down the focal and inked the edges.  I again stamped leaves using the provided stamp, but this time I masked off some of them so they didn't stamp in sets of 3 leaves.  I added strips top & bottom of the patterned paper I scavenged from the envelope (once again inked top and bottom).  The sentiment was stamped (stamp from the kit) on a punch out from the kit, and I added a piece of string to the bottom border (also came in the kit).

Focal Set #2 - Printed Ink Spots & Splashes in Yellow and Green

Card #4:

After stamping with a HOTP small stamp called Butterflies and Swirls (including the sentiments), I trimmed the focal to fit the card as you see above.  As you can see, in addition to the corrugated piece, I added a ribbon border (ribbon from my stash) and 3 enamel dots from the kit.

Card #5:

This time I used a JustRite stamp (Grateful Hearts Vintage Labels Two) to stamp over the green and yellow printed piece, and then cut it out with the matching die.  I die cut a yellow mat with a larger die & ran a piece of ribbon across the center of it.  The sentiment punch out & mat came from the kit, and I stamped the sentiment with a stamp from the kit.  I colored a piece of white card stock with the ink & punched 3 round circles which I added in the lower right corner before adding 3 green enamel pieces from the kit.

Card #6:

Here I used a Stampendous Hummingbirds stamp set to stamp over the printed piece.  After cutting it out with the matching die, I added just a touch of pink ink to it's throat.  The "Thanks" is a die from Gemini's Flourishing Elements.  It did not come with a shadow, but I felt it needed one so I inked up a piece of white card stock, applied the sentiment (also lightly inked) & then fussy cut the shadow.  I added a few of the enamel pieces that came with the kit & called it done.

Focal Set #3 - Printed Ink Spots & Splashes in Pink, Yellow, & Green

Card #7:

This time printed piece was long and narrow as you see here.  I used stamps from the kit to stamp the flower, leaves, and sentiment, stamping the sentiment on the punch out piece.  I added an enamel center to the rose (from the kit).  The ribbon was from my stash.

Card #8:

This time I used a stamp from HOTP's Serendipity Flowers to stamp over the printed focal.  I then trimmed it down, added border strips top and bottom (from the massacred envelope) and a few enamel dots.  The sentiment was stamped (stamp from the kit) on a punch out piece from the kit.

Card #9:

I've actually decided not to put this last one in the box with the others because I accidentally stamped it in black instead of the gray that came in the kit - and this made it look quite different.  (I was one envelope short anyway, since I had torn one open to use the pink patterned paper that was inside.)  The stamp used was from a HOTP set called Watercolor Roses.  The sentiment punch out and mat - along with the actual sentiment stamp used - were all from the kit.  I fussy cut the roses & added a bit more ink before gluing the focal in place with the sentiment tucked underneath.

So, there you have it, 1 box and 9 cards from this Sentimental Rose kit.

No comments: