Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, June 18, 2022

Blank Slate #2

Today I revisited the Blank Slate Challenge - the only paper that can be used is white card stock.  This time I worked with adhesive & a bunch of glitter (and my craft room will never be the same - glitter is EVERYWHERE).  

I started with a piece of white card stock just smaller than the card front.  I covered it with double-sided adhesive and then added a stencil from The Crafter's Workshop called Mini Birdhouses.  Next I cut out a couple of cloud shapes from the cover sheet for the double-sided adhesive and added them.  

Once these masks were in place, I added green glitter below the top rail of the fence - then blue glitter above it.  Once that glitter was rubbed in and most of the excess removed, I removed the masks & added white glitter in their place.  Then I colored the birds and one room of a bird house with markers (Scroll & Brush markers).  Finally, I stamped and heat embossed the word "FRIENDS" - from the stamp set Friends Forever Quotes (Fiskars) - using a turquoise glitter embossing powder.  It was actually the words "FRIENDSHIP", but I made sure that the last three letters were not inked up.  Then I cut around the embossed word & added it to the card front using dimensional tape.

Inside:

Inside I used some glitter ribbon for borders & stamped the sentiment (from the same Fiskars set) with a turquoise ink.

No comments: