Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Sketch & Structure Challenges & More

 

Today I have four cards.  They use papers from a HOTP set that I want to get used up (and is a challenge on the MB I frequent), and also fit four other challenges there.  This first one is a "Swing Easel" card (tutorial here), and the 2nd is a sketch challenge, third is a challenge to include a cat (the first three of these do that!) and the 4th is for both a sea life and a pearlescent challenge. 

To make this first card, I simply followed the instructions in the tutorial for making the card base. 

Card Front: 

I added paper & ribbon from my stash as you can see.  The sentiment was stamped & embossed using a white powder from HOTP (from JustRite's With Sympathy stamp set).  The ends of the sentiment layers were cut with a Stampin' Up punch.  The focal is from a calendar.

Inside:


Inside I have more ribbon & paper - and another stamped greeting (this one from Creative Craft Products called Ultimate Sentiments - Fur Babies).  The sentiment us lifted on foam tape so it can hold the easel when set for display (as you can see in the picture at the top of this post).

Card #2:

This card was made using papers from the same HOTP set - this time loosely following a sketch challenge.  I inked the edges of the papers using VersaMagic Malted Mauve ink. The ribbon is from my stash.  The focal is again from a calendar and is raised on foam tape.  The sentiment was a silver sticker that I colored with a permanent Bic marker so it was the color I chose.

Card #3:

This card mostly uses stuff from the HOTP set.  I DID add a picture from a calendar for the focal - and a bit of string from my stash.

Inside:

More stuff from the set is used on the inside of the card.

Card #4:

The focal is a piece of printed velum backed with white card stock.  The background & word "Journal" were from the HOTP set.  The sea life die cuts were from a swap.  The "relax and" words were die cut from an alphabet die set.  Then, platinum colored liquid pearls were used to add a bit of color to the die cuts & 3 small dots of it added to the bottom left corner of the focal.

Inside:

More background paper & another pearlized sea life die cut decorate the inside.

No comments: