Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, June 10, 2022

Doggies & Kitties Swap Card

Today, inspired by the doggies & kitties swap I joined, I did something I've not done much of before - going off on my own to create shapes.  I feel MUCH better about using stamps & dies to make shapes, but sometimes I just don't have what I want and have to make do with what I have!  

I had this dog sitting in my stash for some time - made from scraps shortly after I got my Pop Up Puppies stamps & dies from Stampendous (quite some time ago) - and I wanted to use him for the swap.  At first I had NO IDEA what to do with him, but I remembered that I had some papers from a dog scrapbook kit I had gotten years ago, and decided to look through them to see if something from there would work.  The blue patterned paper was the only one in that set that I thought MIGHT look okay with the dog - but I still didn't know what to do with it.  Looking through the rest of the papers, I suddenly realized what a simple shape the doghouses on another paper really were - and that inspired me to try a shaped doghouse card.

I'm not great at creating curves - like what I needed for the doghouse door - but remembered a Gemini Window Arches die set that had a decent arch curve.  It was wider than I wanted, but with care I was able to use the die cut & then trim down the sides until it was the size you see here.  

Next was the sentiment - I looked through my stamps & thought a set from Creative Craft Products called Ultimate Sentiments - Fur Babies. that had a stamp I liked for the outside (and one for the inside too!).  I wanted it to look like a speech balloon, and didn't have a die like that either - so once again, cut my own.  Then I had to cut my own bones because the ones on the paper were too small, and my one die cut was too big.  Whew!  A lot of work that I'm not very comfortable with, but I was fairly happy with how things looked.  I decided to cut another bone to add FIDO's name to the dog house and decided the card front was complete - after I added Fido, of course!  I put his head on a wobble spring.

Inside:

Inside I went simple - a couple pieces of the blue patterned paper & the sentiment stamp I had picked for the inside, and I was done.

No comments: