Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, June 7, 2022

HD Perfect Planet - Midnight Wolves

Today I have 4 cards from a Hunkydory Deco large set called Midnight Wolves - from Perfect Planet card kit (with help from my stash).  Here's what the original set looked like:

And here are the 4 cards that I made:

You can see each one more closely below.

Card #1:

This first card is a larger size than most, measuring about 8 1/2" x 5 1/4" because I wanted it large enough to frame the focal the way that you see here.  The background is cut from the full width of the AS (adoreable scoreable card stock) from the set.  The captions are from a HD little Essential Sentiments book - the rest are from the set. Though you can't tell it well in the picture, there are several layers on the wolves - separated using foam tape for dimension.  Basically, I figured out what pieces would not work by themselves (too much of wolf missing) and used those for my layers.

Inside:

On the inside, I split one of the border pieces & placed it top & bottom, and adding a sentiment at the top.  The wolf & rock at the bottom were cobbled together from 3 different deco pieces (a wolf & two rocks), so that it looked like the "one" piece that you see here.  All inside elements are from the set.

Card #2:

If you look closely, you'll be able to tell that this frame was the outside scrap of the focal on the previous card.  To the inside of that I added the moon and one of the wolves - both deco pieces from the set.  Then I added a sentiment from the set & called the outside complete.

Inside:

I split the remaining border piece and added it top & bottom - then finished with a little embellishment - all from the set.

Card #3:

Cutting another piece of the AS for the background, I added the focal of the deco wolves to it.  I adhered a piece of ribbon (from my stash) to the top & wrapped the ends to the back before gluing the whole to the card front.  I added the corner pieces and sentiment - all from the set - to finish the upper border as you can see.

Inside:

Inside there's another wolf - howling from a ledge.

Card #4:

At this point, I had a piece of AS left that would only cover about 2/3's of a card front.  I spent some time trying to figure out how I might use it, but couldn't come up with an idea.  Then I decided to look through my Christmas stash to see if I could find something that would work together with it.  I found this focal piece - from a Crafts U Print freebie - and the card just fell together. EXCEPT, when I went to work on the inside of the card, I realized I had glued it all UPSIDE DOWN on the card front!!!  Fortunately, I've learned how to handle such mishaps.  I simply cut the card front off the card and glued it to another card base - making sure to get it right this time!

Inside:

I had one sentiment left from the set and figured I could use it on the inside of the card.  I cut a piece of scrap from the deco sheet & used it for a border to anchor the sentiment.

No comments: