Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, June 13, 2022

Use Up the Trash!

This is a bit of an unusual card for me.  It started with a piece of "trash" - a piece of printed card stock that was used as packaging material because it clearly had been misprinted on the back.  I thought it was pretty & decided to find some way to use it.  

The piece was just a bit larger than the front of a card, so I covered the card front with it and used the leftovers to form borders on the inside.  Then I went looking for SOMETHING to go with it!  In going through my stash, I found a bunch of stickers - several of which I fussy cut - to add a leafy border top and bottom, a large leaf with caterpillar for focal, a small ladybug, and then a thicker flower sticker to anchor the whole.  

The flower came with a button in the center of it, but that made it so high I was pretty sure it would have problems in the mail.  So, I removed the real button and added a paper one (Nellies Flower Multi-Frame die), drawing in thread lines with a fine line marker.

Finally, I added the die cut sentiment you see at the top (Ultimate Words by Card Making Magic).

Inside:

I added another sticker on the inside - this time a butterfly - and then wrote the rest of the sentiment by hand since I didn't have a stamp that said what I wanted it to say.  It's a pretty simple card, but it made good use of that "trash" and used up some of my excess stash besides!

No comments: