Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, June 16, 2022

Another Swing Easel Card

This is the second Swing Easel card that I've made.  You can see the first one here, along with a link to the tutorial.  I realized when I made the first one that I wanted to use a heavier card stock.  This card was made using Hunkydory's Adorable Scoreable (AS) card stock which worked much better.  I paired it with a Little Book page (Little Book of Perfect Planet) to create this card.

When Closed:

Here you see the front of the card when it is closed for mailing.  It was pretty straight forward to make.  I cut a piece of the AS that was 11" x 5.5".  Next, I scored at 2.5", 3", 3.5" and 5.5".  Then cut a 1 inch frame all around the card front EXCEPT between the 3" and 3.5" score lines.  You will fold along the score lines for the frame part - but not the center part.  All but the 3" score line will be mountain folds.  The 3" one will be a valley fold.  

To decorate the outside, I took a Sharpie marker and drew around the edges of the card to form a narrow mat-like line.  I cut the words "Happy" and "Birthday" from a piece in my stash (from HOTP) & glued it to a small piece of the AS.  I used the marker around the edges of this too, before attaching to the upper left corner of the focal - making sure that ONLY the portion over the focal had adhesive on it.

Inside:

I started with scraps of the AS to form the top & bottom border (using the Sharpie along the edges as I did on the card front).  I then added a 1/2-inch strip of black AS from my stash to the top of the lower border.  The "CAKE" and "CELEBRATE" words are also cut from something in my stash.  I used foam tape on the "Celebrate" to help hold the card front when readied for display.  Because I didn't want the white of the foam tape to show, I used the Sharpie along the edges.  Then I used a standard hole punch to cut little circles for the lower right edge.  I added them with thin foam tape - coloring the edges with a Sharpie as before.  Once again, when prepared for display it looks like the picture at the top of this post.

No comments: