Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, July 13, 2022

HD A Sparkling Season - Family Fun Part 2

Today I have the last of the Hunkydory Kit - A Sparkling Season and coordinating 8 x 8 book.   I finished up the set called Family Fun.  As a reminder, here are the pictures of the set:

and the coordinating 8 x 8 pages:

Last time I used the peach/aqua colored pieces, and this time I finished with the purple/blue pieces.  Here are the 8 cards and one tag that I made this time:

And now I'll take a look at each card more closely.  For most of the cards, there are simply strips of scraps or AS on the inside, so I didn't bother getting pictures.  When there was something more interesting on the inside, you'll see a picture of it.

Card #1:

This is the first of three slim line cards (3 3/4" x 9" to fit some envelopes I have on hand).  I started with a 3 1/2" wide strip of an 8 x 8 page.  The border at the bottom was a leftover piece of the AS (Adoreable Scoreable card stock from the set).  The two penguins were cut outs from the 8 x 8 book.  The stamped message (HOTP bulk Christmas set) was embossed in clear embossing powder to keep it from smearing on the slick background.

Card #2:

Here I took a strip from the AS & added a border piece to the top of it.  A cut out tag was all that was needed to complete the card.

Card #3:

Here a piece of AS forms a backdrop for a strip of 8 x 8 paper.  I added the cut out penguin, a border strip of purple velvet ribbon, a punched out tag (from the set) and a purple Jewel Dazzle to "hold" it in place.

Card #4:

This fourth card is the first of three 5 x 7 cards.  Here's a piece of an 8 x 8 paper cut as a background paper with just a narrow border of white formed by the card base.  I added a border strip of holographic paper that I got at a dollar store, and two die cut pieces from the set - a sentiment and a penguin focal.

Card #5:

Here is another piece cut from the 8 x 8 papers - I simply added a bit of twine for a border "holding" the cut out tag.

Card #6:

The last 5 x 7 is again a cut piece of the 8 x 8 paper - with a mat and border cut from pink holographic paper I got at the dollar store.  A cut out tag & penguin were added.  I thought the penguin looked so lonely that a "Miss You" stamped/embossed sentiment seemed in order (JustRite's Enjoy the Day).

Card #7:


My last two cards are 5 x 6 1/2" in size. This one is cut from an 8 x 8 paper.  All I added was the twine border & the stamped/embossed sentiment (HOTP bulk Christmas set).

Inside:

Inside is just a strip of the AS - but is a bit more interesting because of the printed scene.

Back:


I don't usually add much to the back of a card, but this time I discovered that I had somehow gotten a big streak of ink on the back of the card and needed to cover it up.  I didn't have a strip wide enough to go the whole way across, so I added a little cutout penguin (both from 8 x 8 book) to draw the eye away from the bit of ink that could still be seen on the other edge.  Then I added a stamped message to finish the back of the card.

Card #8:


I put the most work into this last card, but it still was pretty simple.  I added a focal with double frame - all die cuts from the set but at different heights.  The focal was raised with fairly thin foam tape, the inner frame was glued directly to the card front, and the outer frame was raised on thicker foam tape.

I tried to get a picture of the different thicknesses, but I'm not sure you can really tell from the picture.

Inside:

Inside, along with two strips of AS for borders, I added a couple of tags - one cut out from the 8 x 8 book, and the other a die cut from the set - both "attached" with Jewel Dazzles.

Tag:


I add a little bit of printed AS left, that I made into a tag.  I stamped/embossed a rabbit image on it (Heartfelt Creations - Woodsy Critters)

And there you have it - a total of 63 beautiful cards (and one tag) from this Hunkydory Kit and coordinating 8 x 8 book!  In some ways I'm sorry to see the kit used up, but I LOVED working with these beautiful materials!

No comments: