Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, December 12, 2018

UpCycled Cards



Every year when I get Christmas cards, I save some parts for my "scavenge pile".  If the card front is pretty & isn't a specially hand made one and doesn't have a message on it, I save it for card making later so it gets double duty.  This year as I was preparing my cards, I found I needed another 6 cards.  So, I went through my scavenge pile and found some pieces that looked interesting to make the remaining cards I needed.  For this first one, I embossed the front of the card base & then added the scavenged embellishment (and a sentiment from my HD "Essential book of Christmas Greetings").



This cut-away card was quick to make.  Embossed the card front & cut it away to add HohoHo on the inside so it could be seen when the card was closed.



Again I embossed the card front before adding my scavenged topper with a greeting from my HD "Essential book of Christmas Greetings".  On the inside, I added a HD die cut from an older set.



I loved this framed bird, and thought it went well with the background paper.  To make the greeting stand out, I attached it to a piece of fun foam.



This scavenged topper was already embossed, so I just matted it to a simple plaid design & added a greeting.


This beautiful topper was a paper tole style scavenged piece.  I added a piece from a HD deco set - and another to a patterned paper border on the inside.

No comments: