Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, December 6, 2018

A Very Merry Christmas - Christmas Choir - Part 1


Back to the "A Very Merry Christmas Deco Large" kit from Hunkydory.  A couple of weeks ago I posted about a challenge my Mom & I did where we both started with the same coordinating set & worked to see how many cards we could make.  We enjoyed it so much we did another.  This one is based on the "Christmas Choir" set. 

As you can see, my first card is an easel card. The card front looks pretty basic (though in real life you can see all the layers - added with foam tape - that you can't see in the picture).  However, the topper is only attached to the bottom half of the card.  (I scored the fold before embossing the card front & adding the topper.)  This allows the card front to fold back to create the easel.  On the inside, there is simply a strip of red holographic card stock and a sentiment (from the set).  The sentiment on the outside came from the 2016 Essential book of Christmas Sentiments (which I've used extensively.


I got two cards from the "decoupage" layering pieces.  Here's the 2nd one: 


The focal picture uses part of the coordinating paper for the snowy background.  As you can see, I matted this with more of the holographic card stock (from HOTP).  Which in turn was matted using metallic silver tag board.

Here's the inside:

Same basic idea - border strip of holographic card stock matted on silver metallic tag board - with one of the little decoupage figures added.


Next up are two cards made from the border image of the coordinating paper (from inserts & paper pack), which I cut into two pieces - one for this card, and one for the next.  The piece for this card was further cut & matted and then put on the card front.  (I DO think it would have been better if I had had a little less white space between the 3 pieces.)  A sentiment from the Essential book finishes this card nicely.


The next card was really very simply done.  I used a piece of dotted paper from my stash to border the "choir" piece - top & bottom, added a sentiment (from Essential book) & a bow.


The inside used more of the same paper for borders - and the mat for the message area.

No comments: