Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, December 8, 2018

A Very Merry Christmas - Christmas Choir Part 3


Part 3 of a Christmas Choir (Hunkydory) set - is once again actually from a little book.  Three different cards from three identical little book pictures.  The last card you'll see in this post was made in a pretty straight forward manner, but the other two - not so much.  By this time I was REALLY getting tired of just "same old" cards made with a little book picture & pushed myself to come up with some other ideas.  I thought this picture lent itself well to being cut in two pieces, but having learned from the one I showed in the last post, I decided to make this a cut away card!  

I found a piece of tan card stock in my stash, then cut and scored to make a 5" x 7" card.  I then embossed the front (Decor Circles embossing folder from Craftwell) - inking with distress ink (walnut stain).  Next, I cut away the section on the right and glued it to the inside of the card.  As you can see, I matted the right part of the picture on red paper.  On the right side, I didn't mat the picture, but used the same paper to cut a border strip on which the greeting was placed (from Essential Book of Christmas Greetings 2016).


On the inside, I have a piece of white paper that I cut using a Spellbinders Labels One die.  I inked it with Distress ink (walnut stain) using the die as a stencil.  

By this time I was getting desperate to do something really different.  So, I decided to do a mosaic look:


I cut the picture in pieces, inked the edges, mounted them on tan squares, and inked those edges before gluing them to the front of the card.   It seemed to take FOREVER!!!!  Then I simply cut a strip from the same tan card stock used for the squares & inked those edges before adding a red ribbon down the center & a star shaped greeting from the Essential book.


For this card I made things easier on myself.  I inked the edges of the picture and matted it on a piece of coordinating paper (which I also inked).  Then I cut a border strip from the coordinating card stock & added it on the left.  A greeting from the essential book finished things off.

No comments: