Third card in this Xmas Greetings topper set is a shaker card.
- Hunkydory Christmas Classics - Christmas Greetings topper set
- Fun Foam piece (from dollar store)
- Clear Acetate (from packaging materials)
- Double-sided Adhesive (Elizabeth Crafts)
- Brown StazOn ink
- Gold Metallic Sharpie
- Larger pieces of clear glitter
- Background - Cut a piece of patterned card stock a bit smaller than your card front. Ink the edges with Brown StazOn. Then using a ruler, draw narrow borders with the Sharpie pen so it looks like you matted the piece on gold (you definitely save on Mirri board this way!). Center on card front and glue in place.
- Focal (uses 3 pieces from the topper set) - Cut a piece of fun foam just smaller than the largest frame. Cut pieces of double-sided adhesive sheets & add to front and back of this fun foam (leaving outside protective sheet in place). Tape the smaller frame & focal together on the back side, so they move as one piece. Using removable adhesive, center focal on fun foam piece behind frame - then trace around it. Fussy cut out center using a craft knife and/or scissors. At this point, depending on the color of your fun foam, you may choose to take the gold Sharpie and color all the edges of the fun foam so an odd color won't be visible in your finished piece. Now, cut clear acetate to size and glue behind large frame. Then remove one side of paper backing from the adhesive on the fun foam and carefully center large frame in place so no edges are showing. Take taped focal piece, and (using larger frame to help you) decide on proper placement and glue in place. Carefully add a bit of clear glitter in the center of this focal (go easy on this step - I thought I did, but I still got too much!). Then remove final adhesive backing sheet and glue acetate frame in place - being careful with placement. Now the glitter is loose within the fun foam hole - trapped between the focal and the acetate.
- Border & Sentiment (both from topper set) - Cut piece from border strip & glue in place about half-way between the bottom of the shaker frame and the bottom of the background piece. Add sentiment with foam tape.
- Inside - Cut a couple of small strips of the patterned card stock, ink the edges & frame with Sharpie as before. Glue in place as borders on either side of the inside of the card.