This is the first of the four cards I got out of the second set of toppers in the Hunkydory Christmas Classics set - the one called Christmas Cocoa. (Previously I got EIGHT cards from the "Toyshop Window" topper set from this card kit - see "Nearly OSW Toyshop Window" posts from August of 2017.) I'm calling it a Trifold Flap card - like more traditional tri-folds, but just a narrow 3rd panel that forms a flap. Here's how I made it:
- Hunkydory Christmas Classics Luxury Card Kit
- Pebbles Welcome Christmas Paper pad
- Red card stock
- Ribbon & Braid from my stash,
- HOTP Design Tool Kit #1 templates
- foam tape
- 5" x 6.5" card base
- Card Base - With card open horizontally in front of you (original score line vertical), start measuring from the left side and score a vertical line at 4". From the other side (right side) score a vertical line at 1.5" (8.5" from left side).
- Front - Cut piece of patterned card stock with hot chocolate focal at 3 3/4" x 6 1/4". Wrap red snowflake ribbon around the bottom edge and glue in place. Wrap a 2nd piece on the left side and cut at an angle part way across the top as shown. Glue it in place. Cut a third small piece - at an angle on both ends, and glue across this ribbon at an angle near the left edge as shown. Attach panel to front of card. Add greeting (from topper sheet) with foam tape, right where these two smaller ribbons cross. With foam tape, add cookie cut-outs directly over their spots in the picture (paper tole style).
- Flap - Using largest template from Design Tool Kit #1, draw scallop-style design along the edge of the flap and cut it. Do the same for two 1 3/8" wide strips of red card stock and sandwich the edge of the flap between the two red pieces - glue in place. Wrap braid all the way around the flap and glue in place. Add greeting (from topper sheet) with foam tape right where the ends of the braid join. (See picture above)
- Inside - Using the same template as for the flap, cut a piece of red checked paper (from Welcome Christmas paper pad) and mat it on another piece cut from red card stock. Finish by gluing image from die cut sheet in bottom left corner.