This second card, from the Christmas Cocoa die cut sheet (Hunkydory Christmas Classics Luxury Card Collection), is a cutaway card with Acetate! Very easy to make! Simply cut away a portion of the card front and replace it with acetate (a border on the inside can hide the glue from the join).
- Hunkydory Christmas Classics Luxury Card Collection
- Essential Book of Christmas Sentiments 2016 (Hunkydory)
- White "Stitched" Border Dazzles (HOTP)
- Clear Acetate (I cut mine from packaging materials)
- Tissue paper that came with floral bouquet
- White paper
- Martha Stewart Lacy Doily punch
- Spellbinders Edgeability die and small die from Labels One
- Red card stock
- Card Base: Cutaway 1 7/8" of card front. Cut piece of acetate same height but 2 1/8" wide and attach behind cutaway edge (or wait until card front has green tissue paper on it if you wish).
- Inside: Because you see through to the inside of the card, I found it easier to do the inside first this time! I started by cutting the gingerbread men border off the printed card card stock (HD kit). Before adding it to the card, I cut a piece of white paper & created a lacy effect with the Lacy Doily border punch. Layering the punched "lace" on the left side of the gingerbread men, I glued to the right side of the page as you can see from the picture below. I cut 3 strips of red star patterned card stock (from the kit) that was 3/4" wide and then cut one edge of each using an Edgabilities die from Spellbinders. Two of these were placed as you can see here. On on the border at the far right side of the card. The other hides where the acetate is glued to the card front. Inside was finished by adding a die cut bunch of cinnamon sticks from the kit.
- Card Front: Cover remaining card front (not acetate) with green tissue paper (using glue stick and smoothing solidly with bone folder). Put remaining scalloped strip on the left edge of the card front and tuck the focal die cut piece (from kit) behind it. Add white "Stitched" Dazzles along the edge of this scalloped strip & another on the acetate above the scalloped strip you can see from the inside. Take gingerbread/lace scrap from the inside of card and place it at an angle as you see. Mat cream-colored sentiment (essential book) with red cardstock (cut using smallest Spellbinders Labels One die) and place half on card front and half on acetate (glue ONLY to card front). Add red oval sentiment (essential book) as shown.