Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Christmas in February Part 6


The next set of Hunkydory dies & card stock in this luxury card set (Cute Christmas) has whimsical rabbits, hedgehog and bird.  I made SIX cards from this one!  

For this first card, I just used one of the card stock sheets.  I cut a piece showing the little bird, framed it with an outline sticker, and matted it with Glitzy card stock (DCWV). I cut a piece from the center of the Glitzy (the part hidden by the card stock) using one of the Spellbinders Labels One die.  I cut a portion of the piece out of the center, cut it in half, and put it all back together to form the mat I used for the sentiment die (from Hunkydory's 2016 Christmas Sentiments).  The inside was another piece of the card stock - framed with a wider border sticker.


The next card from this set started with the largest die cut from the set.  I simply attached it to a turquoise card base and added a sentiment from the (Hunkydory's 2016 Christmas Sentiments).


The inside was created with a coordinating piece of card stock.  The border sticker was a white Dazzles sticker - colored with a silver metallic Sharpie.  The die cut in the center came from the Christmas set, while the small sentiment in the lower right corner came from the 2016 Christmas Sentiments.


The third card started with a cream colored card base.  I added a scrap of the card stock I used on the first card as a bit of a mat for the die cut from the Christmas set.  The sentiment was another from the 2016 Christmas Sentiments set.


I covered the inside with a piece of patterned paper from my stash, added a touch of ribbon to a tag from the kit, and glued the tag to one side. 


Next up is a card I made with a darker blue card blank.  The small die cut is made to look a little larger by matting it on top of a large Dazzles snowflake.  (Unfortunately my hand wasn't very steady when I took the picture.)  The sentiment tag is from 2016 Christmas Sentiments.


For the inside, I added another scrap of coordinating card stock and a Dazzles stickers border.  I added another die cut from the kit to finish the inside of this one.


This is card number 5, another turquoise card base.  The front of the card is a piece of the coordinating card stock, edged with outline stickers, with a small die cut from 2016 Christmas Sentiments.

For the inside, I added a couple of strips of turquoise card stock borders before adding the rabbit die cut.  I matted the tag with the same turquoise card stock and added a bit of ribbon.


The final card from this set uses the rest of the die cuts on the page from the kit.  I added a sentiment from 2016 Christmas Sentiments to this large one.


Once again, for the inside, I started with a strip of colored card stock.  I finished it with the last two die cuts from this page of die cuts.


So, that's six more cards for a total of 27 so far from this kit.  

Actually the count is up to 28 as I used the leftover frame from the reindeer selfie set:


Using a HOTP Angel Small Stamp, I stamped this angel on white glittered card stock and trimmed it close to the image.  I added a star, the word "JOY" from a Dazzles sheet (which I colored with a silver Sharpie).  Then I added a sentiment from 2016 Christmas Sentiments.  The inside uses some card stock from this set, decorated with small angel (outer edge from a Dazzles angel place on dark blue card stock), and another small die cut from the 2016 Christmas Sentiments set.

No comments: