Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, February 10, 2017

Christmas in February Part 2


Continuing with "Cute Christmas Luxury Card Collection", here are the cards made using the rest of the Hunkydory die cut sheet from yesterday - and the 2nd piece of card stock that was designed to go with it.  As with the ones I showed yesterday, I find I like the 2nd one I made best - so that is what you see above.  But I'll talk about them in order of creation.  

Here's the first one.  This time I separated the outer frames from the central die cut.  I raised the inner one with foam tape and attached it to my card (a card blank made from white glittered card stock - beautiful) as you can see here:


I also added a small die-cut sentiment from the kit - again on foam tape.  Then I moved to the inside:


As you can see, I added a border piece and another die cut (both included in the kit).  Quick, easy, & nice.  

Now here's my 2nd card - which I LOVE:


I had used most of the die cuts on the 1st card, but still had the card stock piece.  I cut off the part that had the picture, then scored and folded the rest to make a cut-away card as you can see in the picture.  I then glued the part I had cut off to the front of the card.  

Next, I cut a strip from the yellow pattern on the original die cut sheet (the scrap around the die cuts!).  I matted this with first a purple card stock, and then a sparkly gold piece.  I LOVE the touch that sparkly gold adds (it's from the DCWV Glitzy Mat Stack).  This strip formed the basic border that you can see on the right side of the cut-away card. (You can see it better in the picture of the inside of the card - below.)  Since I had already used most of the die cuts from the original sheet, I then turned, once again to the Hunkydory "2016 Christmas Sentiments" pack for additional die cuts.  I chose one with gold foiling that said "O Come Let Us Adore Him" and matted it in purple (cut with the smallest Spellbinder's Labels One die).

Then, on the front of the card I added a large layered piece that overhung the "cut-away".  It started with a star die cut with gold foiling that said "O Holy Night" (from the sentiments set).  I wanted to make a bigger statement than this small die cut made, so I made multiple mats for it - first a thin purple mat (cut with a die from HOTP 9 Tiny Christmas Things & Shadows), then a yellow one cut from the scraps from the original die cut sheet (same stuff I used for the border), then another purple layer (die from Spellbinder's Moroccan Motifs), and finally a large lacy gold glittery mat - cut & embossed from the Glitzy gold using a die from Spellbinder's Moroccan Motifs.  I added another purple-matted star to the top of the stable & the front was done.

Then to finish the inside:


As you can probably see, I matted another die cut from the sentiments set using the same purple and glitzy gold.  This time I used dies from Spellbinder's Decorative Labels Twenty-Seven.

No comments: