Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, February 11, 2017

Christmas in February Part 3


Today I am once again showcasing cards made with the Hunkydory luxury card kit called "Cute Christmas".  I have FIVE cards, made using the one die cut sheet and two card stock pieces that were designed to match. 

This first card, actually started from a piece left over from the manger scene die cut sheet that I showed a couple of days ago.  The large purple fame was around that circular die cut - but I didn't want to use it for that card.  I thought it went very nicely with these angel die cuts, so I used it here to make an easel card.  It's actually bigger than the A2 purple glitter card stock base I used for the card, but I liked it anyway.  After scoring and folding the center of the front of the card base, I attached these die cuts to just the lower half so it could fold up as you see in the picture above.  The little "Noel" was also a piece from this angel die cut page.  I liked the mix of gold and silver that I ended up with on this card.  Here's the inside of the card:


The little angel tag is from the set.  I added a small bit of purple ribbon.  The border is actually from a polar bear die cut sheet from this same kit (you'll see the polar bears later).  To help tie the gold/silver together, I edged it with some thin gold Dazzles borders stickers from HOTP.  The sentiment on the border started with a silver foiled piece from the Hunkydory "2016 Christmas Sentiments" set - matted with a scrap from the die cut sheet, then a purple card stock, and then finally that glorious Glitzy gold.

The 2nd card from this die cut sheet was made using another glitter card base - this time in green.  The "holly ribbon" was actually a border from one of the larger angel die cuts.  I cut it in half and glued each half as you see here.  Then attached the focal with foam tape.


Here's the inside:


I found a piece of HOTP paper in my stash that I thought went pretty well with these die cuts.  After cutting it a bit smaller than the inside of the card, I cut out the center using the die cut frame as a guide (I traced it on the back & then cut it carefully along the traced lines).  I saved the inside piece for the next card, and glued the remaining piece here.  The die cut frame was actually one of two that were on this sheet of die cuts.  I added it with foam tape, then added a couple more die cuts.  The one in the lower left is another from the "2016 Christmas Sentiments".

For card number 3, I used the leftover piece mentioned above.  I added it to the front of this card as a mat for one of the smaller die cuts.  I added the remaining silver frame with foam tape, then cut the last piece of this paper scrap into a border that fit on either side.  I added some silver border Dazzles (HOTP) to dress up the borders and another sentiment from the "2016 Christmas Sentiments" pack.


For the inside, I added pieces from the coordinating card stock (the rest was saved for the last card) & more of the silver border Dazzles. 


For the 4th card, I used my remaining piece of coordinating card stock.  I scored & folded it as a modified tri-fold.  It looks sort of a combination of a tri-fold and & cut-away card.

When it is folded closed, the angel die covers all but a touch of holly from the inside tag.  There are 3 die cuts here from the set.  The first is the focal.  The second is the inside tag (with red ribbon added).  The third is a tiny circular piece that says "JOY" that I added to the border on the front of the card.

The 5th card made from this die cut sheet & coordinating card stock is this one:


For this one I took the die cut frame & cut the picture from the coordinating card stock to fit.  The greeting is attached to a tag (cut using Spellbinders Fancy Tags - with a piece cut out of the center so the coordinating tag fits better).  I used some dotted paper from my stash to cover the card front - and the middle of the inside of the card.

Here's the inside:


I added pieces from the coordinating card stock on either side, finished it with silver outline border stickers, then added the greeting - matted on a couple of coordinating mats cut with Spellbinder's Decorative Labels 32 dies.

So there you have it.  Not two cards - but FIVE using the die cut sheet & coordinating card stock.

No comments: